01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision IP Camera stopped working and can't activate

marknk

Hi,
I bought Hikvision IP Camera DS-2CD2542FWD couple of days ago and already facing a problem.When I received the camera I plugged it into POE switch, went to the browser and used 192.168.1.64 to bring up the cameras feed.
Everything worked fine and I even tried Blue Iris and IVMS 4200 client just to do some comparison and testing before it goes up to the front of my house.I was all happy until Thursday morning.
I decided to install camera into planned location.Plugged it into CAT6 cable that is at the front door and its connected to the same POE switch.But thats how far I have gotten.
Camera couldn't be seen in any of already mentioned clients neither could browser load up 192.168.1.64.
I went back to very same setup I done first time but nothing worked there either.After bit of searching I installed SADP tool to try to activate the camera.And here Im facing another problems:
When plugged into POE switch than SADP wont see the came.
When plugged into the socket and connected to a router then SADP sees the camera but it occasionally disappears and come back again.
When plugged into the socket and connected to a router then SADP sees the camera but can not activate (see the picture attached).
(The second camera in SADP is connected to the same POE switch and its working fine - but its not Hikvision camera)
ip_cam_prob.png

This is my second day trying to fix this with no success.I have hard rested camera couple of times aswell.Please if anyone can help me with this.

so is the camera back down from its intented location

i would connect it just like when you got it and make sure you can get a picture on unit using the ip address through IE or Edge

if not press button inside camera and hold and power up to get it back to its factory state

then use the sadp tool to set ip address you want and make sure its activated

just noticed your ip gateway on new camera is different to your working camera ?

should be 192.168.1.254

so is the camera back down from its intented location

i would connect it just like when you got it and make sure you can get a picture on unit using the ip address through IE or Edge

if not press button inside camera and hold and power up to get it back to its factory state

then use the sadp tool to set ip address you want and make sure its activated

Hi amcross.The camera is back where it was fist time (very same setup as when it worked).I tried factory reset several times with no success.

just noticed your ip gateway on new camera is different to your working camera ?

should be 192.168.1.254

I noticed that too but can't change it because can't connect to the camera.Could this be cause of my problems?.I tried to assign static IP to my laptop but I still couldn't access the camera via browser and I also wasn't able to access any website so I reverted back to dynamic IP's.

how are you doing the factory reset

pull lan cable from camera

hold small button down and keep held

apply lan cable still holding button down

count to 10 and let button go

it will now be factory reset

Hi, today i had a several problem, everything is as you describe in your first message
Hi,
I bought Hikvision IP Camera DS-2CD2542FWD couple of days ago and already facing a problem.When I received the camera I plugged it into POE switch, went to the browser and used 192.168.1.64 to bring up the cameras feed.
Everything worked fine and I even tried Blue Iris and IVMS 4200 client just to do some comparison and testing before it goes up to the front of my house.I was all happy until Thursday morning.
But i use two cameras ds-2cd2042wd-i
Did you solve this problem?
thanks

Hi, today i had a several problem, everything is as you describe in your first message

But i use two cameras ds-2cd2042wd-i
Did you solve this problem?
thanks

My problem was wiring.I had to re-wire camera's connector.
Are both of your cameras not working?What tools are you using?

Back