01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision iVMS-4200 - no live view [Malwarebytes]

Sawdusty

we are having problem with ivms4200 on some windows10 PCs not getting live view devices are connected and on line can use device managment on DVRs/NVRs

Hi Sawdusty,

• Are you using a DVR or NVR? Can you give the model numbers of the recorders that you're using?

• Are you running the latest firmware on all the devices as well as the latest version of iVMS-4200? The fact you're only having trouble with certain windows PCs suggests that you may be running older versions of the program on them, or that there is another problem with it. My first recommendation would be to check that all the PCs are running the most up-to-date version of iVMS-4200, if you haven't already done so.

• Can you attach a screenshot of the iVMS-4200 screen showing the devices as not connected?

Hi Sawdusty,

• Are you using a DVR or NVR? Can you give the model numbers of the recorders that you're using?

• Are you running the latest firmware on all the devices as well as the latest version of iVMS-4200? The fact you're only having trouble with certain windows PCs suggests that you may be running older versions of the program on them, or that there is another problem with it. My first recommendation would be to check that all the PCs are running the most up-to-date version of iVMS-4200, if you haven't already done so.

• Can you attach a screenshot of the iVMS-4200 screen showing the devices as not connected?
I install cctv my PC is ok running V2.626 some customers have lost live view and 2 off the PCs in the office
one had IVMS light then changed to V3IVMS devices connected an old DVR and a new NVR live view and playback is grayed out

I install cctv my PC is ok running V2.626 some customers have lost live view and 2 off the PCs in the office
one had IVMS light then changed to V3IVMS devices connected an old DVR and a new NVR live view and playback is grayed out

Problem solved Malwarebytes blocking video

Hi Sawdusty

Would you mind to share how did you resolve this issue?

We are facing the same problem. We've added an exclusion to Malwarebytes but still no luck with live view.
Uninstalling Malwarebytes is not an option.

Thanks.

I had the same problem with Malwarebytes.
I have been able to add the folder 'C:\Program Files (x86)\iVMS-4200 Site\iVMS-4200 Client\Client' to the 'Allow List' and so far everything still works. Have you tried that?

What you want is "C:\Program Files\iVMS-4200 Station\iVMS-4200\iVMS-4200 Client\iVMS-4200.exe" my need to restart PC

Thanks Sawdusty, I did try that initially as I always try to get to the lowest level, but it had no effect. I didn't perform a restart though, so I may give that a go later. In reality it is only Malwarebytes that should need restarting as it then reads in the new parms. My focus now is with Malwarebytes and I have a ticket in with support. I was in software development for a number of years working with National retail and banking companies. If I put through an update to their software that stopped them viewing their security cameras, I would have had very short shrift! Even if Malwarebytes has some justification for blocking an element within iVMS, it should warn the user, not just render part of the application useless.
I'll update the forum when/if I hear back from Malwarebytes support.
UPDATE:
I tried excluding just the .exe, though I'm on version 3.1.1.9 and has 'iVMS-4200.Framework.C.exe' as the executable. It doesn't work on my version and I do have to exclude the folder. It seems that Sawdusty's option works with the older 2.x.x.x versions, but not 3.x.x.x.

Last edited:
I have been working with Malwarebytes over the last week or so and have been sending logs to them for analysis.
My last mail from them read:
'Thank you for sending the file, it came through no problem. Our engineers are currently inspecting the cause of the false-detection and will work to have this resolved in an upcoming update without the need for the Allow List entry.'

Update: Malwarebytes have now corrected the issue from Component Package Version 1.0.859.
No exclusions should now be necessary and my iMVS-4200 runs fine without.

Reactions: Dan
I had to set my NVR's IP address as "trusted" - or whatever it's called - in Malwarebyte in order to get live view. I believe the NVR's attempts to connect with HikConnect were triggering false alarms.

Back