01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision iVMS-4500 HD (android) push notification doesn't work

Harry37

I've installed version 4.0.0(Build20170122) on my galaxy s7 edge my cameras have been configured with email notifications which I receive perfectly fine. One issue I noticed with push notification option the toggle on the specified camera is on but I don't receive notifications. I tested the same camera with a iPhone 6 plus push notifications work perfect. Has anyone experienced the same issue?

thank you.

I've installed version 4.0.0(Build20170122) on my galaxy s7 edge my cameras have been configured with email notifications which I receive perfectly fine. One issue I noticed with push notification option the toggle on the specified camera is on but I don't receive notifications. I tested the same camera with a iPhone 6 plus push notifications work perfect. Has anyone experienced the same issue?

thank you.
yes, same problem Galaxy s4. Push notifications don't work but email does. Yet same setup, but iPhone 6, push notifications work fine.

Which cameras / NVRs are you guys using?
Firmware v5.4.4 for the R6 series of 4MP cameras included the below fix:

 In GMT zone, users would be able to receive iVMS-4500 alarm notifications normally.

Hello all,
I recently purchased a DS-2CD2F42FWD-IWS camera for my workshop. One of my main requirements was the support of push notifications to my Android phone. I've installed the iVMS-4500 app but was having difficulty getting notifications to work until I found this thread.

My camera firmware is (as purchased) v5.4.1 (build 160525). I've not taken the plunge yet and upgraded any firmware. I've played around with the time zone setting and changing it from GMT +0 to GMT -6 has got the Android notifications to work but of course now the time in the live view is off by 6 hours.

Since this is the first Hikvision camera I've owned, I'd like to check if I'm right thinking to upgrade the firmware for my camera I should download the latest version from this link I found on hikvisioneurope.com?

DOWNLOAD PORTAL

Thanks,
JonW

Last edited:
Back