01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision line cross detection not notifying ???

rgp

Can anyone please help . I have a hikvision NVR model: DS-7604ni-k1 & the cameras i am using are model: DS-2cd2355fwd

i have set up line cross detection on all four cameras and have selected notify surveillance center so i can receive notifications via the hik-connect phone app . but nothing seems to be notifying me of any activity which is crossing the lines which are draw on each cameras view .

can any please advise what im doing wrong or if they know of any reasons as to why this isn't working .

To narrow the issue down, are the cameras visible (live view) in the Hik-Connect app?

To narrow the issue down, are the cameras visible (live view) in the Hik-Connect app?
yes the cameras can been see on the him connect app and everything is working fine all but the detection notification

Is the detection working?
Check the logs.
Enable Rules.

Is the detection working?
Check the logs.
Enable Rules.

no the detection doesn’t notify you via the hik connect app. i have checked the rules and to my knowledge everything is how it should be .

i did have it working i.e notifying via the hik connect app for a short period but all of a sudden this just stopped happening ?

Sorry, I was in a hurry yesterday and did not explain well.

You can enable Rules and you should then see detections on-screen:

Also, you can check the log (of the camera or NVR where you have configured detection) and make sure that detections are actually happening:

Once you are confident that everything is functioning normally on the device/locally, you can then proceed to diagnose/resolve problems with the App/notifications.

right that makes sense . thank you .
can i ask those images / screen shots you have just sent me . where do i access that because my nvr menus look nothing like this ?

By using a browser on your PC to access the configuration area - preferably Internet Explorer.

ok brilliant is that just via hik-connect.com
then login using the same credentials used to login to the app ? Thank you for your quick replies

If you know the IP address of your NVR (on your network), then you simply enter its IP address in the address bar of the IE browser.
You can then login to access all of the above settings.
The credentials (user name and password) will be what you set when you first activated your NVR (not your portal/App credentials).

If your cameras are directly connected to the rear of your NVR I would recommend that you enable 'Virtual Host' - which will then enable you to open individual browser tabs to access all of each camera's Config settings:
https://www.use-ip.co.uk/forum/threads/tutorial-using-a-hikvision-nvrs-virtual-host-feature.610/

In your Hik-Connect app:
Swipe left on your NVR name to access it's settings.

Check you Alarm Notification isn't disabled like below:

Back