01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision LPR - API integration

stev_ro

Hello,
I need to integrate a dock scheduling software with a hikvision IP camera, so that I whenever a truck arrives at the depot the camera can automatically instruct the gate to open if the truck has an appointment in the dock scheduling software.

To accomplish this I'm trying to populate the whitelist of the camera by sending an .xls file to /ISAPI/Traffic/plateList endpoint but I get 403 - Forbidden as a response with the following body:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <ResponseStatus version="2.0" xmlns="http://www.hikvision.com/ver20/XMLSchema"> <requestURL>/ISAPI/Traffic/plateList</requestURL> <statusCode>4</statusCode> <statusString>Invalid Operation</statusString> <subStatusCode>invalidOperation</subStatusCode> </ResponseStatus>

I'm sending a HTTP PUT request to http://user:pass@cameraIP/ISAPI/Traffic/plateList, and the content of the .xls file is in the body.
Other endpoints are working correctly such as /ISAPI/Security/userCheck or /ISAPI/Traffic/Capabilities, so I do not think it's a problem of authentication.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be greatly thankful.

Also, if you have other ideas on how on how accomplish the scope differently please let me know.

Hello,

I'm scoping something very similar - click and collect system linked to a customers car reg entered at the checkout - the idea is we bring the order to their car quickly and hopefully win against the competition (eg Screwfix/Toolstation etc) - we're an independent DIY store so need all the help we can get competing against these two monsters.

How did you get on with this? Did you get it working as planned? and reliably? If you used a developer please PM me their details if you wouldn't mind :) Thanks.

@cheekymeer I *might* be able to help. I don't think you can PM on here - unless I'm missing something. If you can, PM me. Alternatively let me know how I can contact you.

Hi guys,
I'm encountering the same problems. Can you help me with this? My scenario is with car rent.
Thank you

One way to get ANPR data from Hikvision is to setup all your ANPR cameras to FTP files to a PC.

Then you have a process constantly running on the FTP server which reads the ANPR data (reg/date etc) from the filename and insert the data into a (MySQL or similar) database, and move the ANPR picture file to a suitable storage location.

It's not quite instant but for me I can get a live feed of pics/data updated within about 20 seconds of the ANPR captures. And you have all the data in a database to do any kind of lookups, or further scripting/alerting.

Of course it requires some technical know-how and database/scripting knowledge but it's the only way I know so far to automatically get the ANPR pics and data data out of Hikvision.

@cheekymeer I *might* be able to help. I don't think you can PM on here - unless I'm missing something. If you can, PM me. Alternatively let me know how I can contact you.
Hi jami3,

Iam currently working on a I integration with anpr. We currently collect users vehicle regs via a jot form on our website and would like to update the allow list with this data to open gate.

Is this something you work on with us if so would pay well.

scott@pinkstorage.co.uk

Hi jami3,

Iam currently working on a I integration with anpr. We currently collect users vehicle regs via a jot form on our website and would like to update the allow list with this data to open gate.

Is this something you work on with us if so would pay well.

scott@pinkstorage.co.uk
Just letting you know that I sent you an email a couple days ago :)

Hello,
I need to integrate a dock scheduling software with a hikvision IP camera, so that I whenever a truck arrives at the depot the camera can automatically instruct the gate to open if the truck has an appointment in the dock scheduling software.

To accomplish this I'm trying to populate the whitelist of the camera by sending an .xls file to /ISAPI/Traffic/plateList endpoint but I get 403 - Forbidden as a response with the following body:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <ResponseStatus version="2.0" xmlns="http://www.hikvision.com/ver20/XMLSchema"> <requestURL>/ISAPI/Traffic/plateList</requestURL> <statusCode>4</statusCode> <statusString>Invalid Operation</statusString> <subStatusCode>invalidOperation</subStatusCode> </ResponseStatus>

I'm sending a HTTP PUT request to http://user:pass@cameraIP/ISAPI/Traffic/plateList, and the content of the .xls file is in the body.
Other endpoints are working correctly such as /ISAPI/Security/userCheck or /ISAPI/Traffic/Capabilities, so I do not think it's a problem of authentication.

Also, if you have other ideas on how on how accomplish the scope differently please let me know.
Hi,
now I also need this information
I need to get all the vehicle numbers from the HIKVISION LPR camera authorized white list
i sent with postman GET request with this url: http://<my_cam_ip>/ISAPI/Traffic/channels/1/vehicleDetect/plateList
i also use Authorization and write my Username and password,
but i get this error response
<head>
<title>Document Error: Unauthorized</title>
</head>
<body>
<h2>Access Error: 401 -- Unauthorized</h2>
<p>Authentication Error</p>
</body>
</html>

I need it urgently, I would appreciate any help or or information that will help me, thanks everyone

Back