01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision NVR 7604 Movement Recording

Manfred

Hello.

Thanks to the help of this forum I managed to get some problems I have with the installation already solved. So glad I found this forum.

I still have some problems with the email settings, but am afraid to make an update as this is a Chinese version unfortunately.

But for now I have another issue and wonder if someone can help, or I just try something impossible.

I record 24/7 the attached cameras. But at the same time I would like to get a special recording when any movement was noticed. Although I can see the option n the software nothing happens.

I can just see the permanent records. I now tried to run beside of the NVR the software IVMS-4200 client, which recorded movements separately, but it needs a lot of cpu and I actually can't let my computer run all day.

Is there any chance I can get this recorded by the nvr too, or ?

Thank you for you help in advance again

Depending on your NVR model and firmware version, this is definitely possible.

In later versions, you're able to view two timelines at the same time via a web browser and also via the NVRs local GUI - one for continuous recording, and another at the same time beneath that which shows periods of motion recording.

You need to make sure that motion detection is enabled and armed for this to work, even if you're recording continuously.

Via a web browser, click on the indicated motion button in the below screenshot. You can see the red motion indicators I'm referring to in the second timeline.

IQyyWRC.jpg

Thank you Kieran, that was amazing fast and great explained. I just checked it on my firefox browser, but don't have this icon.

I have the nvr DS-7604NI-E1 with the Firmware Version V3.3.4 build 150616.

Do you think I might need an update?

It would be great when it would work.

Thank you again for your help.

Back