01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision NVR cannot see cameras but SADP Tool can?

Mattycee2K17

Hi,
I am hoping to get some help at all and this may be a little bit of a long read as I am not sure if all information is pertinent.
I bought 10 Hikvision cameras and a DS-7616NI-I2/16P NVR as I was building a new house, and they arrived a few months before I moved in. I tested all the cameras and the NVR for a few days before packing them away until the house was built.

We moved in to the new house and had the cameras installed (I am doing the set up myself) and connected the cameras to the NVR and I get No Link on all cameras.
I have since turned my Wifi into an access point so the IP range of the network is different in the new house and I think that may be the issue I am having, but have reset one of the cameras as a test and it still doesn't show up on the NVR but I can see it on SADPTools (When I connect my Laptop directly to the NVR) Does anyone have any hints or pointers on what I can do to get the NVR to see the cameras, as when I tested them, as soon as I clicked them in, they were picked up instantly.

The only way I was able to see any of the cameras listed on the NVR was to connect one of the POE ports directly to my router and they would show up, but would not be able to be added as there is already all ports used by the NVR, even though none of them connect.

My IP range from my local network is 192.168.0.* and the cameras are 192.168.254.* (As supplied by the NVR)

One last anomaly is that when I connect my Laptop directly to the NVR it will not supply me an IP in the 192.168.254 range (I get a 192.254.241.* range) and I can only connect to it by setting a Static IP regardless of whether DHCP is enabled or disabled on the NVR.

If you need any more information feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer.

In sadp tool, select a camera and enable dhcp. This will give camera new up address. Enter camera password and modify. Go back into same camera and disable dhcp. Now you can pick a port on the nvr and manually enter that new ip camera address and password. Do this for each camera

Back