01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision NVR can't save (most) settings, PnP doesn't work and other weird things

columb

Hello,

I have DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P which is now around 4 years old and just recently some weird things has started happening:

- I can upgrade firmware. Done just that today - I'm now running V4.40.016 build 200803 which is the latest at the time of writing this post
- I can save some settings (for example I can enable SSH but reboot kills it and removes that tick box, can't remember if that's normal)

Now, here is the (very) problematic part:

- I can't save most of the settings - message which I get is "Parameter error" but how it can be where I'm trying to change for example:

- port number form 80 to 8080 (or any other in fact)
- port number from 443 to 8443 (or any other)
- disable TLS 1.1 (can't do that. I'm sure I was able to do that before!)
- don't seems to get all of the features of my cameras, for example no smart event for DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL

- My Hik Connect/ EZVIZ doesn't work - I can't add my NVR any more though the serial number (No device is found. Make sure that the serial No. is correct and the device is connected properly. )

So does it mean that I need a new NVR? Is there anything I could try? I have tried factory reset (where most of the settings stay) but that didn't fix my issue.
There is nothing interesting the logs.

:-(

Thanks
Chris

Hi @columb

It's definitely worth trying older firmware as @fullboogie suggests.

It may be a browser issue, if this is where you are trying to alter settings. Are you having the same troubles on Internet Explorer?
Do you have any luck changing the settings in iVMS-4200 or the SADP tool? The cog icon in iVMS-4200 opens a Remote Configuration window, where you are able to change all the same settings:

1600790097724.png

As Kyle says browser issues can cause the "Parameter error" message. I'd try first making the changes using a locally connected monitor/TV and mouse.

Back