01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HikVision NVR Crashing

photodocjax

I have a new HikVision 6 Cam system that works well for about 8 hours, then the NVR crashes loosing all video streams.
A hard reboot (unplug/replug) usually brings everything back on line. The Kit is Model EK1-Q82T46 and the NVR is ERI-Q108-P8, purchased in September in USA. The NVR Firmware is V3.4.96Build180324 and when I try an on-screen update, it tells me that there is no Firmware update available.
The system looses video to a direct attached TV, to the iVMS-4200 software and naturally to the Hik Connect mobile app. It is not clear what event causes the NVR to crash - the best run I had was about 36 hrs, but typically it crashes within 8 hrs.
On iVMS-4200 I get an error code of "app[302] camera is disabled or not connected". On a direct HDMI TV monitor, I get a "No Link" message at each cam location. The NVR is still running and has not turned off. HIkVision tech support has been of no help.

Sorry, those are not models we see in the UK.

The error code tool doesn't provide any useful clues:

1578487340557.png

Not sure Hikvision still maintains their American support after push back stemming from security concerns.
The last issued firmware seems to be: DZ_K75_ML_E_STD_V3.4.96_190225
There is not much in the release notes other than:
1578612807547.png

Still, it might be worth a try.

Thank you for your help. After weeks of persistent crashes, I sent the NVR unit back to HikVision for repair.
They replaced the mainboard and shipped it back. It has been running for a week without a single crash. Looks like I got a bad unit. If others run into the same problem, I would recommend shipping it back. Thanks again.

Back