01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI 8 channel - "no more IP camera allowed"

AzzaUk

I have installed 2 4k Hikvision cameras that work perfectly

I bought a new camera which is active and working on the NVR but when I go to live view it on screen it only shows previous 2 and get an error message "no more IP camera allowed" when I try adding it into the view page but shows up active in the camera management

Can you share a screenshot of what you are seeing please

when i try adding the 3rd camera to the screen says that message.

20200408_161745.jpg
20200408_161658.jpg
20200408_162822.jpg

Last edited:
I think another forum user had similar issue only the couple of days ago, are you adding the 3rd camera by selecting it from the active device list?

People often encounter this issue when trying to add this way, so we recommend that you instead select the channel you want to add the camera to (e.g. D3, D4, etc...) and click the edit icon for that channel. A pop-up will appear with the details of that channel, you will then want to change that channel to manual and enter the cameras IP address and the username & password before confirming the settings, Once you have confirmed the settings and clicked OK the camera should be added to the NVR - it may take 1-2 minutes for the camera to connect.

I think another forum user had similar issue only the couple of days ago, are you adding the 3rd camera by selecting it from the active device list?

People often encounter this issue when trying to add this way, so we recommend that you instead select the channel you want to add the camera to (e.g. D3, D4, etc...) and click the edit icon for that channel. A pop-up will appear with the details of that channel, you will then want to change that channel to manual and enter the cameras IP address and the username & password before confirming the settings, Once you have confirmed the settings and clicked OK the camera should be added to the NVR - it may take 1-2 minutes for the camera to connect.

i have already done this but i am trying to view the camera on the monitor along with the other 2 but it is not appearing

Its ok I fixed it. for some reason a setting in the nvr under liveview had it disabled.

Attachments

• 1586361403994457339789302288294.jpg
    1586361403994457339789302288294.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 947
Its ok I fixed it. for some reason a setting in the nvr under liveview had it disabled.

Just nudging this up - oddly "for some reason" we have had a few reports of similar recently :confused:

Yes i had this issue its easy to click on the screen and loose the live feed if you not too familiure with the system control or just set up it a little convoluted and over complicated IMO.

Yes i had this issue its easy to click on the screen and loose the live feed if you not too familiure with the system control or just set up it a little convoluted and over complicated IMO.

mine was a total fault, camera failed and just didnt boot up

Back