01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision NVR "DS-7616NI-K2/16P" no acces to NVR after Firmware-Update

Domenico670

Hello

I bought the Hikvision NVR "DS-7616NI-K2/16P" 3 months ago. Yesterday I made a Firmware-update (GUI 4.0 "NVR_K51_BL_ML_STD_V4.1.50_180604") while the device was connectet to the an additional screen by the VGA-Port. I loaded the new firmware with an USB-Stick to the NVR, were it started to install it and thereafter automatically restarted. The restart-process took forever, after 1.5 hrs I turned the device manually off by the power-switch and and started it manually again. At the start, the NVR didn't made the "Beep" sound as it normally does, didnt show any picture on the screen anymore and the SADPTool on my computer couldn't find the device at all, on the frontpanel was only the power-on light on.
Seems like there is no communication between the LAN-Port (no blinking lights). If I plug it in on one of the POE-ports the lights at the POE-Plug are blinking, seems there is a communication.

How can i make it work again, is there any "Hard-Reset"? Any help is highly appreciated.

It may just not be visible in SADP. If possible - connect a PC/laptop directly to any one of the POE ports, set the IP address of the PC/Laptop to 192.168.254.100 and then using a web browser naviaged to http://192.168.254.1. If the NVR has fully reset itself for some reason during the upgrade from V3 to V4 you should get the deactivated login page at that address asking you to set the admin password to activate the unit. You can then set it up again and check the video output settings.

I don't recall that V4.1.50 was ever made available for the K2 series. IIRC only V4.1.64 was available and it was removed by Hikvision from their download portal on Jan 21st or 22nd. V4 adds some features to the K2 series but was bit laggy/buggy.

Hi @Domenico670

Where did you get the firmware from?

As far as we are aware there are no v4 (GUI 4.0) firmwares for the K-series NVRs, some obscure download sites and I think places like the Hikvision Russian Download portal are showing v4 firmware for these models but we have been advised by Hikvision that this firmware is not designed to be used with the K-series NVRs and using it may cause glitches and features to not work correctly.

This is the first case I am aware of where loading a v4 firmware would appear to have bricked your NVR, unfortunately, if you cannot access the NVR with a browser, in SADP, or with a direct monitor there is going to be no way to reset the device and you will need to contact who you bought from or Hikvision directly in your region to see what you can do next.

One way you may be able to find the device is to do as @JB1970 describes or alternatively login to your router and check the device list and see if you can identify the NVR on that list of network-connected devices.

Back