01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision NVR firmware update failure.

Kfellah

NVR won't boot;
We have update our NVR "DS-7616NI-SE, SF Version: V2.3.7_131112" with a USA version, It worked fine.
When we tried to update the NVR with the old version, the NVR shows the first windows and then fail to boot.
We have tried to use TFTP to access the NVR, the NVR is not responding. the IP address has been changed to 192.168.1.2 from the first initial install.

Can you please help!
Thanks

Can I ask what firmware version you upgraded to, and what version you then tried to downgrade to afterwards?

Also do you know which region your NVR is locked to? You should not apply firmware from other regions if your NVR is a graymarket Chinese export for example.

You can use SADP to change the network settings of your NVR remotely. You can grab it from Hikvision's website here.

Yes, the firmware version is DS-76xxNI-SE(P)_USA_Firmware_V2.3.11_150625 then I tried to go back to the DS-76xxNI-SE Firmware V2.3.7_131112 .
Europe region.
We did use SADP, its not showing on the list.
Thanks

It sounds like you might have accidentally bricked your NVR when changing the firmware between different regions.

Are you able to connect to the 192.168.1.2 address via a browser whilst the device is booting?

I'd suggest you contact your reseller about this issue.

Back