01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision NVR Firmware

simcfc73

Hi,

I decided to replace my old Fastrace NVR with a new unit... which i got off Ebay.

Its a DS-7216HQHI-F2/N which I wanted as we have some old coax cameras that I wasn't going to replace just yet.

Stupidly I think i put on the wrong firmware, V4.30.110build 200422 and the unit just reboots after about a minute (and a beep)

I've seen an article (Hikvision - Clearing Passwords and/or Loading Firmware via TTL Serial) where you can use one of the jumpers on the board and a usb to serial convertor to try and force a reimage but I'm not sure it its worth it as I've also got some DS-2CD2T42WD-I5 cameras that wont connect (which is why I tried the firmware update). The cameras connect to my DS-7732NI-I4/16P perfectly but I wanted a coax recorder.

Is the jumper/usb thing feasible, I can't find a 4 pin jumper cable so I'd need to buy one.

Any help would be great

Sorry, we haven't got any relevant experience / advice on this here at use-IP; we've just never done it.
If a device that we purchased from Hikvision got stuck in a boot loop we would just ask Hikvision to replace it under warranty.

Back