01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision NVR green screen issue

Looks like your hik connect address might be wrong?

Attachments

• 20220129_101807.jpg
    20220129_101807.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 162
I think the eu can either be present or not. It’s just a server location. So can also be dev.hik-connect or dev.eu. I have tried all different server addresses as well but no luck.

If yours is like this it must be an issue with your app

Attachments

• 20220129_182126.jpg
    20220129_182126.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 176
  • 20220129_182245.jpg
    20220129_182245.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 179
Yer my cameras are all online. If I connect a monitor to the NVR I see live video. If I connect via IP I can see live video / playback video. The platform access part is the same apart from the server address but I’ve tried that. I guess I will need to contact support for this.

I’ve even tested pinging 8.8.8.8 on the NVR to prove my network is online and I got a good response. So I’m pretty certain my NVR is connected to network with internet.

Yer my cameras are all online. If I connect a monitor to the NVR I see live video. If I connect via IP I can see live video / playback video. The platform access part is the same apart from the server address but I’ve tried that. I guess I will need to contact support for this.

I’ve even tested pinging 8.8.8.8 on the NVR to prove my network is online and I got a good response. So I’m pretty certain my NVR is connected to network with interneYeah. Sounds lapp correctlyisnt configured ike the t.

Def agree with comments above re: green Live view issues with latest firmware. I have tried everything - changed bitrate, frame rate etc nothing fixed due problem using 265 and 265+ compression. Dropped to 264 sure problem solved but very poor resolution - can’t even make out a number plate on a car. Sooooo took advice from this thread and rolled back firmware of NVR to V.4.51.025 and guess what?! Problem resolved! Hope this helps someone else. It has definitely helped me big time!

Did you have any problems downgrading?
Yes I lost my online connection. Everything else works fine but always see "offline" and cannot connect remotely. I think I read Hikvision stated you cannot downgrade. I ended up buying a new NVR. The new NVR has the v4.32.110. I've just replaced a camera and now see the green screen only on the android app playback.

I solve my problem with green screen with:

Go to Network > Advanced > Platform Access OR Hilook (whichever appears on your screen)
Disable Encryption OR Verification Code

Hi all,

I bought a Hikvsion NVR (8MP POE) this week, I am fitting 4 new Colour Vu 8mp turrent and 4 standard Hikvison 8MP. I seem to have a problem and get a partial green screen on the standard Hikvision cameras when i switch on Hik Connect to HD mode from basic mode. Please note i am using an iPhone and an iPad.

Pictures attached

Any help appreciated.
Resurfacing this, has anyone seen a fix that is iOS specific? I find everything works perfectly for Windows and Android so I assume the Camera and NVR setting is fine, and it is just an iOS bug??

Resurfacing this, has anyone seen a fix that is iOS specific? I find everything works perfectly for Windows and Android so I assume the Camera and NVR setting is fine, and it is just an iOS bug??
There’s no known bug I’m aware of. Often there are more issues with unwanted image artefacts when stream encryption is enabled - I always have that turned off. Another option that’s easy to try in case it’s your device is to go to Me > Settings > Hardware Decoding Preferred and set it opposite to whatever it is now. That often helps with older iOS hardware

There’s no known bug I’m aware of. Often there are more issues with unwanted image artefacts when stream encryption is enabled - I always have that turned off. Another option that’s easy to try in case it’s your device is to go to Me > Settings > Hardware Decoding Preferred and set it opposite to whatever it is now. That often helps with older iOS hardware
You're a genius, toggling the hardware decoding on the iOS device seems to have resolved the issue!

Thanks so much.

Back