01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision NVR green screen issue

Onyxfsuk

Hi all,

I bought a Hikvsion NVR (8MP POE) this week, I am fitting 4 new Colour Vu 8mp turrent and 4 standard Hikvison 8MP. I seem to have a problem and get a partial green screen on the standard Hikvision cameras when i switch on Hik Connect to HD mode from basic mode. Please note i am using an iPhone and an iPad.

Pictures attached

Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• 14D4CE9F-8536-410E-A9ED-EA96A47FB00C.jpeg
    14D4CE9F-8536-410E-A9ED-EA96A47FB00C.jpeg
    396.1 KB · Views: 312
  • 1AF8FEC6-3644-4DF7-B3AB-9CC511ADE873.png
    1AF8FEC6-3644-4DF7-B3AB-9CC511ADE873.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 767
From my experience will depend on what model NVR you are using in relation to the camera settings you've put in place. Just because it's an 8mp NVR doesn't mean that you can constantly transmit 8 cameras at the full 8mp - the NVR will likely struggle trying to process 8 x 8mp feeds at a high frame rate, resulting in all kinds of stuttering, artefacts and other problems. Try downsetting your cameras to a lower spec in the recording settings and see if the problem goes away. Lower your frame rate, lower your resolution - and see if the funny patterns go away. If they do - you're asking the NVR to do too much. It's then finding the right balance of quality with the performance you have available.

Did any one fix this issue. I had 2 x 4mp colorvu cameras that worked perfectly with HD in the app.
I just replaced 1 camera 1 camera with an 8mp colorvu and now I get a green screen on my new camera with HD seems odd that a professional cctv system has an issue like this.

I will let you know tomorrow. Didn't get chance to do port forwarding today.

Hey Guys, same here.

Found this post after facing the same issue. This however is only on Playback, live-view is fine.

I updated the firmware of my DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P to V4.60.005 build 220108 yesterday.

I have two 4K Reolink cameras connected via ONVIF, both show the same pattern.

1642547102616.png

I checked the recording before the update and it was fine. It literally beings after the update, once the DVR restarted.

This morning then I downgraded to V4.51.025 build 210927 again and it seems to have fixed the issue.

This is the second time for me to downgrade to V4.51.025 build 210927. In december I put V4.60.000 build 211129 on and found the audio to be very crackling. Going back to V4.51.025 sorted the issue.

Did you guys find any other solutions?

Cheers, greetings from Oz.
K

Mines been fine since stepping back the firmware last week.

Hey nice to meet you guys...

They key, as Vauxfan wrote in his thread, is to either record your settings or simply export them. The export function in the Upgrade & Maintenance section is perfect for keeping your settings. I'd export all settings every now and then anyway as a backup.

1642624725382.png

The firmware V4.51.025 build 210927 seems to completely reset the NVR, even the password has to be set again after the reboot. Once that is done you import the Device Parameters and you are good to go.

All the best from Oz,
K

Just so ghat we are confident with the exporting. Do we need a memory stick to do this or is it exported somewhere else. I need to export mine but never done it or knew you could save your settings before. Thanks.

Just so ghat we are confident with the exporting. Do we need a memory stick to do this or is it exported somewhere else. I need to export mine but never done it or knew you could save your settings before. Thanks.

I am sure there are different pathways to extract the settings. This is the way I do it.

1. Access your DVR with a PC or mac via the webinterface:
    1642711421947.png

2. After you land on the Live-View page... go to Configuration:
    1642711748002.png

3. Within the Configuration Screen, select Maintenance and then Export Device Parameters:
    1642713100550.png

4. If you have an encryption password set, enter it in the next screen. You will have to remember this for when you restore the Device Parameters:
    1642712010775.png

5. Then store the file anywhere you like. I store them on OneDrive so it is properly backed up.
    As you can see it here, every now and then I export the settings to have an option to go back to a previous setup in case something fails (sometimes you change little things in the setup but you forget that you did... you get the idea).
    1642712205093.png

6. That's it.
    1642713044137.png

Seeing that the cameras are storing their own settings, the reset of the DVR should only effect the DVR, not the cameras. So far I did not need the camera settings for a restore.

7. Suggestion:
    To keep an overview for firmware updates you've done I would recommend to record what firmware was installed when and on what device. A simple spreadsheet is good enough:
    1642712579120.png

Also, store the firmwares in case you need to go back to a previous version. We all know how reliable HV is with support. If you have the firmware version there is no need to re-download.
I hope this helps.

How easy is it to setup from a reset?

Hey Geordie,

It is as simple as the export of the Device Settings.
  1. Log in to your DVR via a browser (see point 1. above).

2. Go to Configuration (see point 2. above).

3. This time go to:
    1642713290697.png

4. ...and follow the steps. From memory, the DVR will restart before it's back to normal.
I hope this helps!

Attachments

• 1642711889162.png
    1642711889162.png
    46.2 KB · Views: 233
  • 1642712939524.png
    1642712939524.png
    76.5 KB · Views: 287
Has anyone else tried rolling back yet. Do you have positive results.

Rolled mine back to previous firmware V.4.51.025 this morning, green screen and failed playback issue has gone, must have been dodgy firmware.

Do you have a Samsung Android phone?

I had this exact issue and have just rolled my firmware back to 4.51.025 and i dont have the green boxes on the live view anymore

Glad we identified this as the cause. Definitely needs hlighting to hikvision

I do wonder though when updates come out how many of us will not do it incase it gives us all the green screen again.

I’m not sure I will upgrade for a while as since I’ve downgraded it fixed the green screen issue for a short period of time but now I can’t access my NVR via hik connect. It just says register status offline and have tried everything I can think of.

I’m not sure I will upgrade for a while as since I’ve downgraded it fixed the green screen issue for a short period of time but now I can’t access my NVR via hik connect. It just says register status offline and have tried everything I can think of.

k hec k

Check the configuration settings. 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 are in. Also you need to check that hikconect set up on the nvr has the correct address in.

Mine did this. I had to reput a lostuff back in. Hepost about backing up first.nce the aof d

Back