01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision NVR Lost Live View Sub-Stream, But Works On Camera Directly?

MetalEarth

I have lost my sub-stream after a reboot of the swtich/camera. I can be logged into the NVR and the camera at the same time. When logged into the camera I can view the main and sub stream no problem. When I select the substream in the NVR/configuration menu for the same channel camera, I get "The camera does not support the function." The main full resolution stream works fine. HikConnect app works fine as well.

IVMS4200 on a separate PC is also reporting Error Code HCNetSDK.dll[91].

To correct the issue of have:

-rebooted the camera

-rebooted the NVR

-removed and re-added the camera in the NVR

-lowered the resolution and frame rate for the sub-stream

No settings were changed, but the PoE switch was rebooted. I think I updated the switch firmware as well. I really do not want to reset the camera and set it back up, but that seems to be the only solution I am finding. More of band-aid really.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm seeing something similar. I have 1 camera that every now and then disappears from my NVR. Plugging it into a different LAN socket brings it back. Now for some reason, I can view it full screen in iVMS-4200 but when I set it to a small window it says it has an error connecting. I'm assuming the smaller window is the sub stream.

I have lost my sub-stream after a reboot of the swtich/camera. I can be logged into the NVR and the camera at the same time. When logged into the camera I can view the main and sub stream no problem. When I select the substream in the NVR/configuration menu for the same channel camera, I get "The camera does not support the function." The main full resolution stream works fine. HikConnect app works fine as well.

Thanks in advance for any help.

@MetalEarth

Just run in to the same problem today. :-( Did you manage to fix it and what did you do?

Regards.

Mine came back once after a reboot, but didn’t last long. It’s strange how just the 1 camera out of 6 has gone like this.

Same here.
We replaced a really old PC based system with 2*HikVision DVRs and 1*NVR. Using selfsame PC with iVMS to display all cameras on one screen.

The sub-streams of only the 5 Hikvision IP cameras are shown. 9 'other' cameras ( hey, I inherited the site OK?) give the HCNetSDK.dll[91] as described above.

I've set the cameras to show their main-streams on the composite view, so it works. But it is really slowing down iVMS. A lot.

My 1 camera has lost it's sub stream again and nothing I do can bring it back. I've given up on it for now and just have to use it's main stream.

I've also got this issue, with about 5-6 cameras out of 37. I've had some that previously had issues but don't anymore, and the ones that have issues now didn't previously.

NVR: DS-9664NI-I8
Cameras: DS-2CD2343G0-I 4MP

I have the same issue in a configuration with multiple NVR. Some camera's are added to multiple nvr, those are changing the substream settings to around 4000Bitrate, which results in not opening. I have to login to camera, and lower the bitrate for substream to around 320 then reboot in order to get it back working again. Any solution ?

It is odd that four of you (#5 to #8) seem to have similar issues.
We cannot really respond to four in parallel, in one forum thread.

If you are still seeing problems and would like our input please create a new thread for the issue that you are experiencing.

We will need details such as the model numbers of the NVR and cameras that you are using AND what firmware version is currently running on each.

The Step One response is always going to be to get all of your devices onto the latest available firmware before we try to diagnose any problems.

Back