01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HikVision NVR - Modify or Change existing password

bien gomez

Hi

I wanted to ask from you guys if you were able to try and change the password from a HikVision NVR?
What I mean is that the NVR is up and running with 4 IPcameras connected to it.

I am afraid that if I change the password, the cameras might not be detected and I need to connect
manually my PC to each camera for me to modify them one by one.

By the way, how about 4 port, 8 port and 16 port HikVision NVR? Same procedure for all of these models?

Any advice? Thanks.

Hi bien,

It depends on what model NVR you're using.

Recently Hikvision released a firmware update for the 76/77/86NI NVRs (V3.4.0) that allows you to synchronise the password to connected cameras when you change the NVRs password. Otherwise to my knowledge it's not possible and you'd have to manually reset the cameras too.

Hi

What I am using is an 8port POE (DS-7108xxx). I am not sure what firmware it is using.
Assuming my NVR is updated with the v3.4.0, does this mean I can change the NVR password
and the cameras will be automatically be added after changing the password on the NVR?

Thanks

It would have meant that yes, but unfortunately your model of NVR isn't compatible with the V3.4.0 update and doesn't have that feature. I'm not sure if Hikvision plan on releasing an update for the 7108 soon.

I'm afraid you're going to have to go the slightly longer route to change all of your passwords for now bien.

Hi Kieran.

Thanks. At least now I know that we need also modify the password for each IPCameras.
There are occassions you need to change the password after a while just to be sure you
have a select few who knows the admin password. =)

Thanks Kieran.

Back