01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

hikvision nvr not seeing cameras

phil60

hi all , I'm looking for some advice on installing additional hikvision dome cameras to my nvr, i have tried and the nvr isn't seeing them !
i was just wondering if this is a fault with the nvr or maybe firmware.

Hard to say. Please provide additional info:
  • Model of the NVR and which firmware version it is on.
  • Model of the cameras that are not connecting and their firmware version.
  • Are they genuine Hikvision cameras or Chinese grey market (grey market have a CH in the serial number).
  • How are you connecting them? Directly to the NVR? Power-over-Ethernet adapters?
  • Do you have some cameras that are working on the NVR and the new additions are not detecting?
Any additional details on how they are setup will help in narrowing the cause down.

Model DS-7608NI-SE/P
Firmware v3.0.10 build141125
Cam Model that are not getting recognised pc-d120
there are 2 other existing cameras that work ok but when i attach the dome cameras >pc-d120 they don't even show up
all are poe
i got 6 dome cameras that were fitted in 2017 and for some reason they all went dead

The DS-7608NI-SE/P is fairly old and probably can't recognise the more recent HiLook cameras with that firmware version.
Updating the firmware might resolve the issue. First check the NVRs serial number, if it has a CH in it don't proceed as it's likely a grey market version and you run the risk of bricking the NVR.
If the serial number does not contain CH, you can download the latest firmware here:
V3.0.22 build 170621
Extract the zip file and copy the digicap.dav file to a USB stick (check the USB stick is formatted to FAT16 or FAT32).
Plug the USB stick into the NVR and update the firmware via the Maintenance Menu.

Thanks StewartM, I done all and installed the firmware
rebooted the system and added the cameras ,plug and play still the same , I tried to add manually but still no joy.
Is there a way of removing the old cameras from the menu ? maybe that mite help I did try but it keeps saying no more ip cams allowed

It might be simplest to factory reset the NVR and begin adding the cameras you want to use with a clean slate, nothing in the list.

Best guess - The "no more ip cams allowed" message appears when you try add new cameras (on some NVR models) as it pre-populates all the channels with Plug-and-Play by default. When you try add a new camera you get this message. Instead of adding, try editing one of the existing entries, like D1. Click the edit icon (paper and pencil logo) and change plug and play to manual. Enter one of the cameras details and see what happens. You will need to have the camera activated and know the IP. It's a hunch, and hopefully a lead.

Well after spending best part of the day I got a positive result :) all thanks to you StewartM
Many many thanks for you expert help & advice.

Back