01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision NVR & Onvif ip cameras

santi_cazorla

Hi,

Does anyone know if when connecting an ONVIF camera to an Hikvision NVR via plug 'n' play, does it alter the password to the IP camera?

I manually set the IP camera password to a default expected by Hikvision NVR, and changed the ip address to be within the Hikvision NVR subnet.

After enabling virtual host, I cannot log into the ip camera with the password I had setup prior to connecting it to the hikvision NVR.

We don't currently have any ONVIF 3rd-party cameras connected to our demo Hikvision NVRs but we have tried it before and as far as I can remember the Hikvision software should not have any effect on the ONVIF devices password. I would recommend disconnecting the camera from the NVR, add it your network, change the IP address back to something on your local network range and try logging in to the camera again and see if you get the same result.

Hikvision software as far as I am aware only applies the camera activation password to Hikvision cameras that are new out-the-box and inactive, it should not apply this to ONVIF devices. The activation password is usually the NVRs password so you could try that before disconnecting the camera.

Back