01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

MacOS Hikvision NVR + Safari 13 (and DVB question)

friends20

Hi :)

First, I'm sorry for my English because I'm French. :) I don't have find a best forum for my question (in fr :D )

Material :
Mac OS Catalina
NVR Hikvision DS-7716NXI-I4/16P/4S - Updated ok = 4.1.18

2CD2786G2 x2
2CD2686G2 x2

Like many people, i can't configure with my Mac ... I have tried with iVMS-4200 but is not the best for configuration.

what is the best solution to make it work? I have read the update. I have already updated my NVR. But not for the cameras I'm a little afraid for that :D

I want use Safari for to delimit alarm zones for example

2nd question :
I want connect my NVR to my television.
for the moment I have a 10m HDMI cable which goes from my garage to a TV in my office, but with the mouse it's very slow (even with a usb extension cable)
I have see a solution by directly connecting the NVR to the antenna system ? But I don't understand ...

Thank for all :)

Last edited:
Like many people, i can't configure with my Mac ... I have tried with iVMS-4200 but is not the best for configuration.

what is the best solution to make it work? I have read the update. I have already updated my NVR. But not for the cameras I'm a little afraid for that :D

I want use Safari for to delimit alarm zones for example
You can't use Safari as you've found out. I use Parallels software on the Mac which enables you to easily switch to Windows. You can then just use Internet Explorer to configure it. This would however cost for the software and might not be worth it for what you want to do. Personally I prefer to use the mouse and locally connected monitor/TV to configure the NVR wherever possible.

I want connect my NVR to my television.
for the moment I have a 10m HDMI cable which goes from my garage to a TV in my office, but with the mouse it's very slow (even with a usb extension cable)
I have see a solution by directly connecting the NVR to the antenna system ? But I don't understand ...
There is no reason why it should be slow using a USB extension cable - there should be no problems at all. I have also used on several occasions a 10m USB extension cable with a wireless mouse receiver connected to the extension with no delay at all.

It is possible to use a DVB modulator as you've mentioned. You break into the antenna system and fit the modulator, then connect your NVR to the modulator using a HDMI connection. The video from the NVR is then broadcast on a frequency and channel of your choice so that it can be viewed on any TV connected to the antenna system. Unfortunately this would cause the control of the system to be very slow and difficult to use as there is a slight delay in the video and a good modulator would be about 150 euro.

You would be best trying to fix why it's so slow using the mouse as it shouldn't be. Make sure you are using a passive NOT active USB extension cable. Alternatively you could try and find a CAT5 KVM extension as shown in the picture.
Screenshot 2020-11-09 at 16.47.26.png

Back