01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision NVR stops recording after detecting motion

jimprince2k

I have installed a DS7600(ds-7632ni-k2) series NVR with 9 IP third party cameras(supports onvif). Among the 9, I have set 8 cameras to be recorded with continuous mode and for 1 camera I have set motion detection. The nvr started recording after recognizing a motion. Also I could see the yellow bell and red recording icons for this camera in live view. But after a while(may be 2 or 3 minutes), the camera with motion detection set stops recording and it does not recognize any motion. Can you tell me what could be wrong? Does this model of NVR has any problems? I hope motion detection works with both Hikvision and third party cameras. Also I think we can set a few cameras for continuous recording and others for motion detection?

Yes, sorry, I forgot there is newer firmware for that model on the UK portal:
HIKVISION UK PORTAL

You should be able to do as you say.
We do get reports of such glitches.
Perhaps try shutting down the NVR and restarting, then see if the problem remains.

If you were using Hikvision cameras I would recommend that you check that they too are all running the latest available firmware.
As you are not using Hikvision cameras I'm not sure what else we can try :(

Does the NVR log give you any clues?
(probably nothing we can do anything about)

You may just have to record all continuously.

Yes, sorry, I forgot there is newer firmware for that model on the UK portal:
HIKVISION UK PORTAL

You should be able to do as you say.
We do get reports of such glitches.
Perhaps try shutting down the NVR and restarting, then see if the problem remains.

If you were using Hikvision cameras I would recommend that you check that they too are all running the latest available firmware.
As you are not using Hikvision cameras I'm not sure what else we can try :(

Does the NVR log give you any clues?
(probably nothing we can do anything about)

You may just have to record all continuously.
Thanks for your reply. I have rebooted the NVR at least once in a week. I dont think that is solving my issue. I haven't looked into the logs I will do that this weekend to see if I can find something relevant. Btb I forgot to mention one more problem. I used to check the NVR display once in a week. At times I have seen that the mouse pointer is missing. The mouse gets its power(red light is on), but it doesn't respond. Even reconnecting it will not work, I have to reboot the NVR forcibly by turning it off and on. Have you experienced such problems also? Please note that the 9 4MP cameras are set to record at 25 fps.

We have seen occasional reports of mice disconnecting.
Most NVRs have a front and a rear USB port, you could try the other.
And/or a replacement / alternative mouse.

You could try a lower fps and see if it helps the load on the NVR / other issues.
I would recommend that you use the h.265+ CODEC.

We have seen occasional reports of mice disconnecting.
Most NVRs have a front and a rear USB port, you could try the other.
And/or a replacement / alternative mouse.

You could try a lower fps and see if it helps the load on the NVR / other issues.
I would recommend that you use the h.265+ CODEC.
I would try your recommendation on using the alternate port for mouse. Regarding the codec recommendation, I already faced one problem. While installing I accidentally set a few of the cameras as H264 and rest of them as H265. After a week I noticed that only those cameras that are set with H264 were recorded. I dont know whats the reason, so without further investigating I have changed all the camera setting now to H264. Do you have any idea on that?

No, there should be no problem in using the h.265+ CODEC.

Ah, sorry, many threads at one time - I forgot that you are using 3rd-party / non Hikvision cameras.
In which case you can only suck it and see.
Get the latest firmware available for the cameras you have.
Try various settings.
See how you get on.

No, there should be no problem in using the h.265+ CODEC.

Ah, sorry, many threads at one time - I forgot that you are using 3rd-party / non Hikvision cameras.
In which case you can only suck it and see.
Get the latest firmware available for the cameras you have.
Try various settings.
See how you get on.
Do you have any idea if I can tell that the camera I have correctly supports h 265? The camera web GUI has these settings for selection. Can ONVIF device manager help in identifying this?

Yes, I believe that ONVIF Device Manager will reveal this capability.

Back