01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HikVision NVR

gjramm

I have a simple setup with a number of POE cameras directly connecting into an NVR (DS-7608NI-I2/8P).
The NVR is connected to my home network via Ethernet to a central router.

My question is simple.

If I add a camera to the system and want it to act as part of the NVR connected devices (but the camera is directly connected to the home network) is it simple to add it into the NVR for remote recording / remote viewing (via Hik-Connect) etc?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @gjramm

This a very common way of connecting cameras to the NVR, if the camera is on the local network and not directly connected to the NVR you will simply need to activate the camera on your local network and set its IP address and Gateway address to match your local network IP range using the SADP Tool.

If you are unsure of your network range and gateway address you can follow the below guide to find that information.

Once you have set the network details of the camera you simply need to select an open channel in the NVR menus, click modify, switch it from "Plug & Play" to "Manual" and then enter the IP address, gateway, and camera password before saving to add the camera to the NVR over the local network.

Back