01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Officially Release V4 Firmware for their K-Series NVRs - V4.21.005

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Hikvision have released V4.21.005 for their K-series NVRs (only 76 77 86 NI-K2 K4 K8) , which you can download from the UK portal here:
HIKVISION UK PORTAL

I have checked:

Is this correct?
V4 firmware for the K-series NVRs at the UK portal?
If so, do you have any Release Notes for it please?

And double-checked:

Hi Phil
This is not a mistake, we can use this firmware on the K series NVR,
But notice not all K series NVR can support it .
Only 76 77 86 NI-K2 K4 K8 can support this firmware .
Thank you

And am assured this is correct!

If all is OK, it is a milestone update.
We have been waiting a long time for V4 Firmware / GUI 4 to be made available for Hikvision's K-Series NVRs (we were never able to even get confirmation that it WOULD be made available.
Bear in mind that V4 firmware was made available for the I-Series NVRs two years ago!

With thanks to forum member @Thebug who spotted it first

The Release Notes are attached, NB - I know these notes only reference I-series NVRs.

Please add your responses below with any feedback regarding how you get on with this new V4 firmware.

Attachments

• External_NVR_V4.21.005 build190509_Release Notes.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 878
I tried on mine via 4500 and ie and both don't even start then fail.
Currently on
V3.4.106 build 190702
DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P

brought the NVR into the house, plugged into the TV and put in a usb with the update on... system has been updated. good spot @Thebug

shame it doesn't update via a browser..

brought the NVR into the house, plugged into the TV and put in a usb with the update on... system has been updated. good spot @Thebug

shame it doesn't update via a browser..
Nice to know, where there any problems updating? Read somewhere you had to setup from scratch, old recordings no longer worked and needed to format the hdd

Nice to know, where there any problems updating? Read somewhere you had to setup from scratch, old recordings no longer worked and needed to format the hdd
Setup is fine but I did format the Hdd as old recordings had gone.

Updated mine this morning through internet explorer, all went fine, formatted hdd, everything feels a lot snappier now.

not used the gui yet.

Does anyone know if this update will work with a DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B). You will note that I have entered the K1 in bold because the original post above seems to refer only to even numbered K Series NVR's.

Many thanks for any guidance on this.

Does anyone know if this update will work with a DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B). You will note that I have entered the K1 in bold because the original post above seems to refer only to even numbered K Series NVR's.

I have this question also.

The info we have says no, it is not for the 7604 NVRs

upgraded via web browser, good upgrade - now i can finally use google chrome as well, and it shows smart events on the timeline on chrome

I meant to ask Phil at #11 above, is there a reason given as to why it's not for the 7604 series and will it be available at some future time?

I meant to ask Phil at #11 above, is there a reason given as to why it's not for the 7604 series and will it be available at some future time?

No reasons provided, and unfortunately we have no idea whether the 7604 will in due course be able to use V4 firmware / GUI.

Last edited:
found a problem, seem to have lost smart events on 3 cameras, other 4 cameras are fine, unable to get smart events on the timeline for the 3, whastever i try, i even exported camera settings from one of the 3 working cameras, to the same model of the 4 that are not working, rebboted cameras, rebooted nvr still no joy
full factory reset in order?

i have downgraded the firmware and its working again as it should on all cameras, so looks like its a firmware problem, on the new version, think i will stick on the previous firmware !

thanks for the tip alastair

Back