01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Officially Release V4 Firmware for their K-Series NVRs - V4.21.005

let us know if it does work and all the smart events work, i am wondering if a new firmware on a couple of cams need a setting ticked - noticed something to do with metadata that appeared on a camera config/settings/metadata settings/smart event and is presently unticked - camera is a G1 camera and uses FW V5.6.2 build 190701

Great thank you. Hopefully via IE will work for me as mine is in a cupboard with no monitor either!

let us know if it does work and all the smart events work, i am wondering if a new firmware on a couple of cams need a setting ticked - noticed something to do with metadata that appeared on a camera config/settings/metadata settings/smart event and is presently unticked - camera is a G1 camera and uses FW V5.6.2 build 190701

I have 24/7record on all cameras, have never bothered with event triggers.

i record 24/7 - just find that the intrusion detection , line crossing is easier to find events during the night,

Hi, how is the V4 Firmware holding up on the K2 series? I am looking to upgrade my DS-7604NI-E1 and I am between the DS-7608NI-K2 and I2 NVR's...
Thanks

I've updated a DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P from IE to V3.4.107 build 190927 and after to V4.21.005 build190509.

I did NOT lose any recording or settings
, at the first some recordings was not yet ready because the HDD was started a reparation cycle, perhaps that way will convert the file metadata from v3 to v4, so... before you format your HDD's just check on the local GUI to see the HDD status.

Now I can use it on Chrome without IEtab.

Still all good here - not sure how I managed it but I somehow had the live view as my desktop background!

I take it those that have upgraded to the latest v4 firmware for the DS-7608NI-K2 everything is working fine?
is it worth upgrading in your opinion or not worth the bother/hassle if everything is already working as expected.

Just wanted to say thanks for the information on the new software. I have managed to update my DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P firmware through the NVR web portal on Safari without any issues. I had to put the unzipped file onto a memory stick before my Mac would read it but apart from that it worked perfectly, didn't lose any recordings or settings either.

The only strange thing that happened was when I used the NVR locally a few days later on the attached monitor, the system prompted me to upgrade the resolution to 1920x1080 for better quality (the monitor is full HD I believe), and once I accepted it has cut about an inch of the picture off the outside. Not unmanageable but just annoying, I'm sure there will be a simple solution to it once I have a proper play, but has anyone else had any similar issues?

No other reports of the problem you have seen with your monitor / resolution settings (yet).

Re: DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P

Are there any improvements if I just use the Web UI?

Re: DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P

Are there any improvements if I just use the Web UI?
I don't think there is any visual difference in the Web UI however there still could be worthwhile reasons to upgrade, I think theres a few changes to some menu tabs in config settings. I think any update is worth doing really once it has been confirmed as stable, especially as one as easy as this.

Download seems to have been removed from their "portal" site. Can anyone else see it on there? Thanks.

No also missing for me, would be nice to know if its been pulled for a reason, any chance you could find out phil

No also missing for me, would be nice to know if its been pulled for a reason, any chance you could find out phil

Ditto. 4.21.005 was pulled on the 21st by the looks of it. I'd previously been advised by another supplier that you could simply use I series firmware on the K series (K2 8 channel and above) Interestingly version 4.21.005 has also been removed from the I series folder on the portal.

We are trying to get it reinstated.
May take a few days.
No explanation.

Back