01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Officially Release V4 Firmware for their K-Series NVRs - V4.21.005

I gave up and bought an I series. While the K series worked on the V4 firmware it was a bit temperamental - freezing etc. The I series on V4.22.005 is not without issue mind - the event markers in the “normal” playback timeline have vanished. At some point Hik will release some NVR or IP cam firmware that works

Any updates on this? @Phil

Yes, apologies, it was messy, so I told the team that I would respond.
I still can hardly be bothered :(

You will see back at the beginning of this thread that I double confirmed the availability / suitability.
The firmware was in the portal - Hikvision now deny this.
They say something along the lines of the V4 firmware on K-series NVRs can cause problems.
But, they do provide it to anybody that phones and asks for it.

What are the rules?!?!
Don't shoot the messenger :rolleyes:

Yes, apologies, it was messy, so I told the team that I would respond.
I still can hardly be bothered :(

You will see back at the beginning of this thread that I double confirmed the availability / suitability.
The firmware was in the portal - Hikvision now deny this.
They say something along the lines of the V4 firmware on K-series NVRs can cause problems.
But, they do provide it to anybody that phones and asks for it.

What are the rules?!?!
Don't shoot the messenger :rolleyes:

Interesting. I've not had any issues thus far on a couple K2 NVRs upgraded. What's the way forward then, not to upgrade NVRs?

The new v4 seems to have better compatibility with the hikvision app in terms of passing through camera names and allowing NVR alias name change etc.. so clients have taken a liking to this.

Is it possible to downgrade the firmware if issues arise easily?

Does this mean that those of us who did move to the 4 release will now not get updates to it to fix issues?

I found the V4 a bit buggy on the K series. It was slow to respond to commands during playback and seemed to hang. I also had an issue with line crossing where the A & B would flip while I was dragging the line leaving them showing opposite to the camera web config page (though this may have been a G1 5.6.3 firmware issue). On the plus side you get thumbnail preview of playback beyond 3 megapixel, human/vehicle detection filter for compatible cameras, additional configuration options for the camera in the local GUI which were only available on the camera web page using version 3 (min/max object size for analytics, shutter speed etc)

I downgraded mine to version 3.4.107. It simply defaulted and deactivated the NVR to it's out of the box settings.

There's conflicting information regarding the use of I series firmware. On another forum a user informed that the I series firmware had a different timestamp and size to the equivalent K series file whereas DVS advised you can just install the I series directly. I did that without any issues other than previously mentioned using both 4.22 and 4.22.005 from the I series folder on the portal.

Hi, I upgraded to this version, however, I guess we will not get any further updates. Can someone provide instructions on how to downgrade the firmware and restore all settings please?

Hi, I upgraded to this version, however, I guess we will not get any further updates. Can someone provide instructions on how to downgrade the firmware and restore all settings please?

Hikvision recommend that you don't downgrade firmware but you can downgrade in the same way as you upgraded. You can obtain version 3.4.104 from the Hikvision UK Portal or 3.4.107 from the EU Portal. When you update with the older version 3 firmware it will return the NVR to inactive status and restore all of the settings to default. It'll need activating with a new admin password before you reprogram it from scratch.

Hikvision recommend that you don't downgrade firmware but you can downgrade in the same way as you upgraded. You can obtain version 3.4.104 from the Hikvision UK Portal or 3.4.107 from the EU Portal. When you update with the older version 3 firmware it will return the NVR to inactive status and restore all of the settings to default. It'll need activating with a new admin password before you reprogram it from scratch.

Thanks. I am not sure what firmware I was on before :-(. Also can you back up settings and restore?

Thanks. I am not sure what firmware I was on before :-(. Also can you back up settings and restore?

There won’t be a huge difference between 3.4.104 and 3.4.107. As 3.4.104 is the newest version on the UK portal maybe stick with that.

I certainly wouldn’t recommend backing up the configuration from one firmware version and restoring it to another. That could cause all manner of issues.

I've updated a DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P from IE to V3.4.107 build 190927 and after to V4.21.005 build190509.

I did NOT lose any recording or settings
, at the first some recordings was not yet ready because the HDD was started a reparation cycle, perhaps that way will convert the file metadata from v3 to v4, so... before you format your HDD's just check on the local GUI to see the HDD status.

Now I can use it on Chrome without IEtab.
I’m on the same version on my 7608NI-K2 - did you not need to apply any interim updates as there seem to be lots on the HIK portal. Do you have a direct link to the firmware you installed? Thanks!

Attachments

• D6947520-BB7C-47A2-B914-F461147BD551.jpeg
    D6947520-BB7C-47A2-B914-F461147BD551.jpeg
    673.5 KB · Views: 476
Back