01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HIKVision on LG Smart TV

mattcandy

Hi there - just about to go down route of investing in a bunch of HikVision IP cctv cameras for the house and one of their 16 port NVRs.
Was trying to figure out how will wire to get signal to TV's in the house, when I spotted the Smart IPTV app on LG.... which looks like it should be able to allow me to view the streams from each camera.

A few questions. How do I test the stream from a camera on VLC to see if it works ok? And then how do I then set in up on SmartIPTV app to view on there?

I also have a HIK Vision door entry camera connected to my network - I was going to test with this first. But am struggling to figure out what IP address the thing is on as the first thing (any ideas how I find out? when I log into the HIK Connect app on my phone I can see the camera, but nothing that tells me the IP address of it etc.) and then what is the command line I load into VLC to then view the live stream from it...?

Has anybody else setup a bunch of HIK Vision camera using the LP Smart IPTV app and does it work ok...?

thankyou.

I stand to be corrected, but I don't think anybody has ever got their cams to stream to a native solution on a smart TV - they just don't have the CODECs/players needed :(

I suspect your TV runs on LG's proprietary OS and does not have access to the Google App Store. If that is the case, then one option is to purchase a Android TV OS device (something like the Mi TV Box S) that connects to the TV via the HDMI port. With some fiddling, you can then load Hikconnect or iVMS-4500 and view the streams. If you go this route, you'll need a Bluetooth keyboard and the Total Commander app to install the Hikconnect or iVMS-4500 APK.
VLC needs to be pointed at the RTSP stream. You'll need to enable ONVIF on the NVR. Enable the settings in the NVR's webGUI under Configuration>Network>Advanced Settings>Integration Protocol. For testing, create a user with the same credentials as the admin account.

From VLC:
1582147467026.png

1582147563454.png

Try the following URL's (amend the password and IP to your NVR's settings):
rtsp://admin:yourPassword@192.168.1.64/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/101
rtsp://admin:yourPassword@192.168.1.64/Streaming/Channels/1

One of the above should work if you set it up correctly.
101, 102, 103 etc will switches between the cameras.

Back