01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision - pre/post record via alarm input

uncleharvey

NVR - DS-7732NI-I4/16P/KB

Firmware V4.1.50 build 180227

I have recently set up my NVR with PIR's on an alarm input to provide more reliable recording when somebody is on the driveway. Is it possible to differentiate the record duration of an alarm to that of video motion detection?

I was previously just using the video motion detection and I had the system set up for 5s pre record and 5s post record. For the cameras still using video motion detection my preference is to keep this.

For the alarm record via the PIR's it would be good to have a longer record duration as you know for definite there is something in front of the cameras rather than just leaves blowing about. Say 30s pre and 30s post record.

Questions:

1 - Is there any way to configure different pre/post records for different types of recording triggers?

2 - If not, is if possible to make an alarm latch on for 30 seconds?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Hi all,

Just to let you know I've figured out a solution to my problem. Managed to get some wireless PIR's that connect back to a controller with a volt free output. Got a little package where up to 3 PIR's can be connected to one controller and you can set the time that the alarm latches up to 30 seconds.

If anybody need similar its the Opal RFX wireless PIR's with the RFX-3 receiver. Also with the detectors being wireless I can position them better around the location.

Paul

Hi all,

Just to let you know I've figured out a solution to my problem. Managed to get some wireless PIR's that connect back to a controller with a volt free output. Got a little package where up to 3 PIR's can be connected to one controller and you can set the time that the alarm latches up to 30 seconds.

If anybody need similar its the Opal RFX wireless PIR's with the RFX-3 receiver. Also with the detectors being wireless I can position them better around the location.

Paul

hi paul

could u give some more info as how u set up for the opals in the nvr - too many false activations with intrsuion detection - car headlights etc.. so just got the same gjd kit - 3 wireless opals and the receiver.. im interested in how u set the recording schedule for them, with a hikvison nvr..

1.in the alarm input page,
2 in storage, (which also has a pre and post record time option) - dont know if u have seen that option

any help u can give would be great, as i want to be able to see them in the web gui of the nvr

Hi there,

In the advanced storage schedule of the NVR I have it set to 10 seconds pre record and 10 seconds post record. I have however set each of the GJD's to latch on for 30 seconds once the are triggered. So I get a total record time of 50 seconds but it is a definite trigger so not a waste of disk space.

I left a couple of the cameras also motion recording (in addition to the alarm input), but obviously this only records for 20 seconds when triggered this way so doesn't waste as much disk space for false activations.

On the alarm input page I set the schedule for 24 hours and I set the recording schedule for 24 hour [motion & alarm]. My sensors trigger 3 or 4 cameras each to get a view of the area from multiple angles.

The GJD's needed a bit of tweaking but in the end I got the set up perfect. Some worked better on the double knock setting as had a few false activations with single knock. I have 6 sensors and 2 receivers, all work flawlessly.

Not sure if you have an Apple Mac, but if you install IVMS on there it has a great feature called event search. Just got to event search, click alarm only and then pick which alarm. It then gives you a list of each time it was triggered and if you double click it simultaneously plays all cameras linked to that alarm.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will gladly let you know if I can help.

Paul

hi

i have the GJD now triggering the alarm notification

- PIR config is set up for range 20m, 24hr, 1 pulse, time cctv 30secs , "normally open" set on the receiver

HIK 7608-ni-k2 DVR settings are
alarm input A<-2,
Enable Alarm Input Handling is ticked,
audible alarm is ticked ,
notify surveillance centre, is ticked,
tigger channel = d6,
arming schedule is 24/7,
Trigger Alarm Output - unticked
Storage Settings for d6 is 24/7 "continous"

When the PIR is activated it triggers the audible Audible Warning on my HIK 7608-ni-k2. so the pIR is sucessfully communicating with the NVR.

When i look at the timeline on the web gui via IE, nothing appears - is this because i have the storage set to continous ? there are other storage settings, but assume non of those provide 24/7 recording ?

i was hoping i could keep "continous recording", and the alarm input triggering would place a marker on my timeline for searching against .. we frequently get ppl loitering , casing properties / cars etc

its unclear to me what the interactions and limitations of each of the storage options (recording types) are other than continous - for example, continous also includes marking basic & smart events ( but possibly not alarm input triggers?, ) on the timeline

Continuous
Motion
Alarm
Motion | Alarm
Motion & Alarm
Event

the nvr web gui help file doesnt help/// all it says is....

Record Schedule
  1. Enter the Record Schedule interface: Configuration > Storage > Schedule Settings > Record Schedule.
  2. Check the checkbox of Enable to enable the record schedule settings.
  3. Edit the record schedule.
  4. Choose recording time period and record type.
  5. You can click the Advanced button to set the audio record, ANR, pre-record, post-record, and overwrite,stream type, expired time,etc.
  6. Click OK to save the settings.

would be good to get some clarification on how the record types work and interact, and their limitations

cheers

dave

There is no option to do continuous recording and alarm recording as you desire.

The nearest option is "Motion | Alarm", which is motion OR alarm. Why don't you set it like this and turn the sensitivity right up on the motion detection, pretty much as good as recording all of the time?

On a Mac you can search the alarm triggers independently of the cameras, as you will see in my attached screen shot. Just select the sensor and it will list all of the triggers. You then simply double click the search results and it will play back any recordings associated with that trigger. The sensor on the attached triggers 2 cameras.

If you look at the recording timeline for the individual cameras then you will see its triggered throughout the day and even more in the night with every leaf the blows past etc. This is good enough for me rather than continuous recording.

The PIR's help me to narrow down onto a meaningful event which I believe is what you are after.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 14.07.48.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 14.07.48.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 738
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 14.13.34.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 14.13.34.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 537
Back