01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision PTZ smart tracking duration settings - help please

Christoffhawkins

Hello everyone
We have a camera DS-2DF7286 with smart tracking. It works ok but does not track for long enough. If someone walks down the street it will track them for about 5 seconds then moves back to home position instead of taking notice of what the person is doing. I cant seem to find any settings on how long it tracks for. Could someone please point me in the right direction.

In the webGUI of the camera, check Configuration > Advanced Configuration> PTZ > Smart Tracking What is the duration set to?

Hi thanks for replying The tracking is set to 300. That’s why I can’t understand why it gives about 10 seconds tracking.

thanks

Try setting the duration to 0, which sets it to unlimited.
Also check Configuration > Advanced Configuration> PTZ > Park Action - perhaps the park action is interfering or set too low.

I'm having the same issues. Tried numerous different settings with no success. Any more ideas? I'm using smart event intrusion detection through the Hikvision NVR which works though only tracks for a few seconds. When I log into the camera, I have smart tracking duration set at 300. I've also tried 0. I've tried with smart tracking enabled and disabled. Still only get 5 to 10 seconds of tracking before camera returns to the home position. Park action is not enabled. Not sure what else to try.

What camera are you using? Is the firmware up to date?

Could you post screenshots of the current PTZ settings ("Smart Tracking", "Prioritise PTZ" and "Position Settings") please?

Not sure what you're after for position settings. These are the menu options under PTZ.

1587067537689.png

1587066008954.png

The firmware seems to have a newer number than what is available on the Hikvision website so I haven't changed it. Maybe that's worth a try.
Value Series 4 MP Indoor/Outdoor 25× Network IR PTZ Camera
1587067639040.png

1587067195823.png

1587067318037.png

1587067401457.png

So, things aren't what they seem. I did upgrade the camera to V5.6.15. I found that the smart event tracking is working correctly with the camera, and going back a few day's shows it had been working. I found this by reviewing the recordings on the cameras micro sd card which shows the camera is correctly tracking. So it looks like my issue is with my Hikvision recorder not continuing to recording while the camera itself is tracking and recording. I'll look more deeply into that aspect.

1587162960305.png

Maybe it's something to do with the camera software having and PTZ menu and the recorder not having this menu.

Camera Menu
1587167944756.png

Recorder Menu
1587167982425.png

How often is recording cutting out, is it always when the camera pans/tilts/zooms? Is the NVR firmware also up to date and its recording schedule properly set? If you post some screenshots of the schedule I can take a look.

It's also explained in this section of the Megathread: Setting up a recording schedule

Let me know if you discover anything else while looking in to this.

Recordings on the NVR only last about 15 seconds. I think the actual event recording is only 5 seconds as in the Storage-Schedule Settings-Advanced Tab, pre and post record are set at 5s therefore adding the additional 10 seconds of recording. The camera starts to zoom and track the target but always stops recording after the 15 seconds. The camera itself continues to record to its micro sd card as long as it has a moving target. It's just the NVR that stops recording after 15 seconds. I tried some newer and older NVR firmware revisions with the same recording results. It's like the NVR recording doesn't continue to recognize the target as moving.

1587486634780.png

*************************************************************************************

1587486711754.png

*************************************************************************************
Smart Event Intrusion Detection Arming Schedule
1587489627920.png

So I've tried the "Ultimate Solution" from Synology Community I tried this on both the camera and the recorder. No success at this time. Keep in mind smart event settings on the camera have always worked and recorded to it's micro sd card as expected, the issue remains getting the recorder to work the same way. I've tried another NVR firmware upgrade and will try this option again when I have time. Seems like it should work.

What has achieved acceptable results on the recorder for me is changing the post record time to a longer duration, set to five minutes at this time. This setting was changed under "Storage, Storage Settings, Advanced" button. I find that if activity stops for a short period the camera returns to its home position. When activity is detected again, the camera begins tracking again. So depending on what's going on I will get a minimum five minute recording, and have captured half hour or longer continuous recordings as activity in the target area continues or resumes during the five minute post recording time.

It's still confusing why when the post recording time is at five seconds, the NVR, even though though there is still activity in the detection area, only records for a short time, especially when the camera continues to record to the sd card. I'll try other post record time settings and see what results I get.

1589556543879.png

I'm stuck in this exact same situation. Did you ever find a solution?
I wonder if there are Hikvision NVR's that work better with PTZ's, as this Hikvision tech said he could get it to work just fine:

Very frustrating!

Back