01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Q1 PT Camera not connecting with TPlink EAP 225

kevinworld

We purchased the Hikvision Q1 PT Camera Model # DS-2CV2Q21FD-IW for one of our clients. The issue we are facing is to joining the WLAN camera with the client Wifi Acces Point (TPLINK EAP 225).

There are two SSID enabled at the client-side (2.4GHz and 5GHz) and both have the same SSID name and password like HOMEWIFI.

Now, the issue is when we try to connect the wireless camera through IVMS software by putting WIFI SSID and Password, it is not going through to the internet either not getting auto IP from DHCP and also do not show camera on SADP tool and IVMS tool as well.

I did check all the network parameters with the Access points and camera as well but nothing found either UPNP also enable from the camera and the router.

Further, I tasted with the internet router Wifi and it is connecting to internet but client want to connect all cameras through TPLink EAP 225 access points as these are installed all over the home.

I will really appreciate if you could help me out what is the causing for connecting the camera or what I am missing in this configuration.

Does the camera have a network port?
If so, connect it to the same LAN/domain with a network cable.
Use the SADP utility to access the camera and set an appropriate IP address for the wired LAN connection.
Use Internet Explorer browser to then access the camera at that IP address and configure it.
You should be able to set up all the necessary wi-fi settings, then disconnect the network cable.

Does the camera have a network port?
If so, connect it to the same LAN/domain with a network cable.
Use the SADP utility to access the camera and set an appropriate IP address for the wired LAN connection.
Use Internet Explorer browser to then access the camera at that IP address and configure it.
You should be able to set up all the necessary wi-fi settings, then disconnect the network cable.
Thank you Phil for the reply,
Camera has Network port and I am able to connect camera through wired and setup wireless but the thing is once I disconnect the cable from the camera it is not getting connect to wifi.

I think they scan for and offer a list of SSIDs - is it showing the SSID you want?

BTW - what firmware version is the camera running?
Have you checked the portal to ensure that is THE latest?

Yes it is showing the SSID in the IVMS Software but not getting connected to Wifi.

Firmware version is 5.4.4 build 17115

This is the latest version.

It's from their consumer range, so not a product that we have ever sold or been hands-on with.
A quick Google search reveals Amazon reviews that show wi-fi is a problem with this model :(
Probably best to speak to your reseller / Hikvision Tech Support.

1588064927912.png

1588064962393.png

It's from their consumer range, so not a product that we have ever sold or been hands-on with.
A quick Google search reveals Amazon reviews that show wi-fi is a problem with this model :(
Probably best to speak to your reseller / Hikvision Tech Support.

View attachment 3707

View attachment 3708
But the weird thing this camera having problem with TPLink EAP225 Access Point only where 5G and 2G network enable.

I don't understand that sentence?

Back