01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

MacOS Hikvision questions

Splash

Hello all,

I’m looking for a 4 camera setup and has a few questions.

- can I use the 8mp easyIP 3.0 cameras with a acuvu nvr to get those features or are they only for easyIP 4 cameras?

- does anyone have any experience with the colorvu cameras - are they a lot better than the new 8mp G1 camera? Do they have a visible light on them since it doesn’t seem to be IR. is it bright / intrusive?

- for the varifocal cameras does the nvr zoom in when it detects things or is it o Ly for manual zooming?

- can any one recommend a good nvr and 4 camera setup PoE?

- anyone know any decent installers near slough/reading? If not I might just install it myself.

Thanks for any help.

Sorry forgot one more - are there any Mac viewing tools? I know the sub stream etc isn’t going to be 4K so is there an easy way to remotely view in 4K from the same network on a Mac?

Sorry forgot one more - are there any Mac viewing tools? I know the sub stream etc isn’t going to be 4K so is there an easy way to remotely view in 4K from the same network on a Mac?
You can view in iVMS-4200 v2.0.0.10 or in an old browser such as Opera v25 or in SecuritySpy which will cost you but it's good and Mac specific. All are 4K capable but what you get will depend on your camera, your monitor, your NVR, your PC and your network.

Back