01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision R6 family camera not connect to wifi after power outage

FightMan01

Hi.
We had a power outage a week ago and our hikvision ds-2cd2142fwd-iws does not connect to wifi. At night I can see the IR leds are glowing so I assume that the camera is working.
We have a TP-link Deco M5 mesh system at home. We can't reach the camera to push the reset button nor connect an ethernet cable to it.
Is there any way to get it back to the wifi. The wifi settings is the same as before the power outage.
Thanks for the help in advance!

Hi @FightMan01

Do you have the Hikvision SADP Tool installed on a PC on the same network as the camera? If not can you please installed SADP via the earlier link and then post a screenshot here of what SADP shows you.

Hi @FightMan01

Do you have the Hikvision SADP Tool installed on a PC on the same network as the camera? If not can you please installed SADP via the earlier link and then post a screenshot here of what SADP shows you.
Thank you for your reply! SADP tool shows nothing!
1600090851305.png

Ok, then I'm afraid your only option will be to take the camera down and hard-wire it to your local network to make it visible to SADP again. My thoughts are that you either had DHCP enabled which may have allowed the camera to change IP addresses during the reboot or possibly the WiFi mode has been disabled during the reboot, but whatever the issue it is unlikely if it is not visible on the local network that there will be anything you can do without taking the camera down.

Ok, then I'm afraid your only option will be to take the camera down and hard-wire it to your local network to make it visible to SADP again. My thoughts are that you either had DHCP enabled which may have allowed the camera to change IP addresses during the reboot or possibly the WiFi mode has been disabled during the reboot, but whatever the issue it is unlikely if it is not visible on the local network that there will be anything you can do without taking the camera down.
Ok, I thought it also :( Thats what I not wanted. Also the application of the mesh system shows that the camera is not connected to it. I will get a longer ladder and I will try to fix it.
Thanks for the help.

Reactions: Dan
Back