01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision route internal LAN network to reach internet

egrimisu

Hi,

I bought 4 Dahua IP cameras and connected them on my Hikvision NVR using the ONVIF protocol. These 4 camera have a smart TripWire function which of course uses internet to send out notification on my phone using the DMSS app. Unfortunately my NVR does not support smart features and of course not Dahua ones.

Is there a way to give the 4 LAN ports internet access as by default the internal subnet cannot access the internet? I was hopping to route the networks inside the Linux OS but I'm not sure that's possible. In one word use the 4 POE port as a simple swich with the gateway of my router.

Don't ask why Dahua cameras and hikvision NVR, that's another story.
Thank you!

Hi @egrimisu

This won't be possible, you may be able to change the subnet range but you would still need to access the cameras from with the NVR menus.

The only way to have direct access to all the camera features would be to connect the cameras to a separate PoE switch/injectors and add them to the NVR over the local network.

Hi @egrimisu

This won't be possible, you may be able to change the subnet range but you would still need to access the cameras from with the NVR menus.

The only way to have direct access to all the camera features would be to connect the cameras to a separate PoE switch/injectors and add them to the NVR over the local network.

I was quite sure but worth a shot. Thank you!

Reactions: Dan
Back