• Hi Guest, Please subscribe to our YouTube channel for fresh new videos each week.

Hikvision sadp greyed-out

Barrowman

Thread starter #1
have the problem that the whole settings menu is greyed out. I can't enter anything including the admin password.
I am running it under windows 10.
I tried running it as administrator but nothing changes.
One suggestion was that winpcap needed to be installed. This is no longer being developed but npcap was to be used..
I installed it in winpcap mode. This then allowed me to to change the gateway address as we had changed to a new isp.
When I tried it again it had reverted to the old gateway address and everything was greyed out.
Why oh why cant there be a Linux version?

macman

I don't know anything about Windows but I do know that SADP Tool is hypersensitive to corrupted permissions on a Mac. When I used Disk Utility to repair my permissions, SADP Tool suddenly started behaving again. Is there an equivalent utility you could run on your computer?

macman

And another revelation from Hikvision UK tech support: I found that when I quit SADP Tool and restarted iVMS-4200, my cameras were once again imported as online devices. I asked if that was normal behaviour and they replied:

"This is correct, you can't have the IVMS 4200 open and the SADP trying to find device on the network.
This will cause the initialization to fail of the program not showing the device from the online device."