01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision sadp greyed-out

Barrowman

have the problem that the whole settings menu is greyed out. I can't enter anything including the admin password.
I am running it under windows 10.
I tried running it as administrator but nothing changes.
One suggestion was that winpcap needed to be installed. This is no longer being developed but npcap was to be used..
I installed it in winpcap mode. This then allowed me to to change the gateway address as we had changed to a new isp.
When I tried it again it had reverted to the old gateway address and everything was greyed out.
Why oh why cant there be a Linux version?

I don't know anything about Windows but I do know that SADP Tool is hypersensitive to corrupted permissions on a Mac. When I used Disk Utility to repair my permissions, SADP Tool suddenly started behaving again. Is there an equivalent utility you could run on your computer?

And another revelation from Hikvision UK tech support: I found that when I quit SADP Tool and restarted iVMS-4200, my cameras were once again imported as online devices. I asked if that was normal behaviour and they replied:

"This is correct, you can't have the IVMS 4200 open and the SADP trying to find device on the network.
This will cause the initialization to fail of the program not showing the device from the online device."

have the problem that the whole settings menu is greyed out. I can't enter anything including the admin password.
I am running it under windows 10.
I tried running it as administrator but nothing changes.
One suggestion was that winpcap needed to be installed. This is no longer being developed but npcap was to be used..
I installed it in winpcap mode. This then allowed me to to change the gateway address as we had changed to a new isp.
When I tried it again it had reverted to the old gateway address and everything was greyed out.
Why oh why cant there be a Linux version?
Same here, I bought Win10 solely to run SADP and it's not working, nor is the Batch Configuration Tool.

Hi @Photon

Can you share a screenshot of what SADP looks like please?

Hi Dan, of course, screenshot attached. However I think I now know where the problem lies. I don't like Windows but purchased Win10 solely to be able to use SADP ! BUT, I'm running it (Win10) as a virtual machine (via Oracle VirtualBox) under Linux (Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS) so even though I can access the camera at IP address 198-162-1-61 from Win10, SADP is not looking any further than the local Windows IP address 10-0-2-15 ? Any suggestions other than installing Win10 on a separate boot-able disk ? While I have your attention I have one further question - when I get SADP to work and create a password change request file for the retailer to send to Hikvision, do I have the leave the camera, computer and SADP running until Hik / Retailer responds with a reset file ?

Attachments

• SADP cant find the camera.jpg
    SADP cant find the camera.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 884
  • camera-login.jpg
    camera-login.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 647
  • SADP cant find the camera.jpg
    SADP cant find the camera.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 450
  • camera-login.jpg
    camera-login.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 531
Hi @Photon,

We have seen a similar issue of SADP not reaching outside a network for users on Macs, the solution most often in those situations is to open your PCs security software and add the SADP software to the safe applications list and make sure it is given permission to receive and send information through the PCs firewall, that way you should then see all devices on the local network listed in the SADP Tool.

SADP Tool works in Windows 10 emulation for me (Parallels Desktop running on a Mac) without any tweaks. The only problem I had was described at #3 above - it doesn't work if iVMS-4200 is already displaying the online devices so quit iVMS-4200 or disable it from displaying the bottom half of its management window.

Back