• Hi Guest, Please subscribe to our YouTube channel for fresh new videos each week.

HikVision SD card Encryption

mattiomc

Thread starter #1
Hi,

I am looking at installing some HikVision cameras that support unto 256gb sd disks. Model DS-2DE54321W-AE.

I require the information stored to be encrypted, i.e. that you couldn't just remove the card and insert into a laptop / watch footage.

Is the footage automatically encrypted / a setting to enable this?

Many thanks,
Matt

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Hi @mattiomc

From our experience, there is no way to encrypt the locally stored footage on a cameras MicroSD card, you can encrypt the footage on Hikvision NVRs but not on individual cameras I'm afraid.

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks @macman

I did think some of the latest models would support this feature, but @mattiomc was looking at a specific PTZ model and I checked the datasheet and user manual for that model and I don't think it supports this feature. If the encryption feature is more important than the PTZ function then we would recommend a newer Hikvision model like the 2125G0-IMS, 2185G0-IMS, 2346G2-I(U), 2383G0-I(U), etc...

The storage encryption appears to only be available on those 2 HDMI (-IMS) model and select models from the EasyIP 2.0+ and EasyIP 4.0 ranges, so if any of the above models don't interest you you will have to have a look at each products datasheet to see which ones offer this feature under Network Storage.