01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision serial numbers for HikConnect

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Hikvision have recently begun to use letters with their camera and NVR serial numbers.
Up until now, the nine-digit serial numbers have included only numbers.
This nine-digit code is shown on the label attached to your Hikvision device AND on the product box (important to know it is also on the box label if you have already put the ladders away ;)).

It is clearly marked on the label as 'Serial No.:'
We have seen some issues arising from entering these serial numbers with letters.
They are case sensitive i.e. if your nine-digit code includes a capital letter - you must enter a capital letter.
If you do not HikConnect will return this error message:
"Please input the 9 character serial number"

1542116698315.png

BTW - if you see the below error message and are sure that you have entered the serial number correctly, then HikConnect is actually informing you that it cannot find your device online.

This is commonly due to either Platform Access for HikConnect not being enabled, or the other favourite is that the Network DNS settings for your device to use have not been entered.

"No device is found. Make sure that the serial No. is correct and the device is connected properly."

1542117057343.png

Platform Access should be enabled and look like this:

1542117459133.png

Your DNS settings can be safely set to Google's DNS servers, as per the last two fields in the image below:

1542117668433.png

Here's a typical Hikvision product label showing the serial number:

1551354248279.png

Attachments

• Product label 27-2-19.png
    Product label 27-2-19.png
    467.8 KB · Views: 12,051
hi i have taken the sticker with the sn on it of of the camera and i never had a box because i bought it used on ebay i have found the long serial code but i dont know how to find the short one could u help

The last nine characters:

1575294291621.png

Hi @prince_992636

If you install the Hikvision SADP Tool on a PC on the same local network as the HiLook device you should be able to see the details (including the S/N) of all the Hikvision/HiLook devices on your network.

Back