01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

MacOS Hikvision Thermographic camera setup on Mac Catalina

tomoand

I got "Temperature Screening Thermographic Turret Camera" below and tried verification with macOS Catalina 10.15.4

I'm new about hikvision camera, and know nothing except reading relevant thread.
My hope is
1. view live video and images properly.
2. know my issue has anything to do with so called "one of Hikvision's biggest issues currently" ?? (quoted from MacOS - HikVision on a Mac)

I guess three issues need to be addressed to view properly (if not, correct me)

▼Questions
1. "No plug-in detected" appears in "Live View" and "Playback", rather than any prompt like "Please click here to download plug-in"

I tried latest and past ver of browsers, i.e., chrome, safari, opera, firefox and SeaMonkey
Almost all of them failed, and only Firefox 51.0 ver said "Activate WebVideoPlugin".
However, after touching it, the browse slowed down. I think It counts as failure.

And I installed Web Plugin (for Mac OS V3.0.6.23)|Desktop Tools|Hikvision
But nothing changed

1591010259684.png

2. Some thread talked about firmware, so I tried to install farmware (DS-2TD1217B-3/PA|Temperature screening series|Hikvision) with following instruction

But I couldn't click "Browse" to select path, nor type path directly.
(I guess "No plug-in detected" is relevant, because there are no sentences above Youtube instruction)
How to resolve this issue?
1591010800877.png

3. This thermo camera says "iVMS-4200, Hik-Connect" in specification, and I guess it is related to Firmware - Latest HikVision Firmware for I-Series NVRs - V4.40.010 build200430
So I just installed "iVMS4200 MAC V2.0.0.12", but I cannot see any change.
In the first place, installing it has any contribution to the goal? If so, installing is just enough?
1591011200200.png

Thank you.

Attachments

• 1591010292413.png
    1591010292413.png
    450.5 KB · Views: 348
Hi @tomoand

all of the above does relate to Hikvision's ongoing issue with browser support for Mac users, as you realised from looking at that other thread you mentioned above, and unfortunately, you probably won't be able to manage a thermographic camera with any browser on a Mac.

You would be best off installing Hikvision iVMS-4200 software and manage/update the camera using this software, although we have not tested the thermographic cameras with this software and so do not know if they actually support all the thermal camera functions.

@Dan

I failed to do something about almost any PTZ control below saying
This is actually what you say "it's not clear as to whether or not they actually support all the thermal camera functions" ?
Or, is this well-known solvable issue?

1591063744156.png

1591063699453.png

Hi @tomoand

Your thermal camera is a fixed lens model, it doesn't support any PTZ function which is why you won't be able to use any of those controls.

@Dan

Thank you.
Sorry for asking a lot, but I have one more question about Temperature Screening Thermographic.
Looking at documents and tutorial video below, setting via web browser makes it possible to 1. detect human face and 2. show temperature in screen. (I believe these two are major features of this product)

But I couldn't find out any these relevant settings in iVMS-4200.
Are these features available only in web browser, and iVMS-4200 inherently doesn't support them?
(I was looking around how-to via iVMS-4200, but there are only web browser's way :( )

▼iVMS-4200 (I couldn't find relevant configurations..)
1591093772336.png

Attachments

• 1591092795411.png
    1591092795411.png
    326.3 KB · Views: 356
If those VCA and rules settings are available anywhere they will be under Device Management > Device > Select the thermal camera > Remote Configuration (see below)

Screenshot 2020-06-02 at 11.35.03.png

This should give you access to most of the settings you would usually find when accessing with a browser.

Also, if you go to System Configuration > Image > you should be able to tick VCA rules for the event information to display on the live view.

Screenshot 2020-06-02 at 11.37.36.png

@Dan

I didn't realise that configuration can be done in Device Management... Thank you
In my environment, VCA Rule exists and is already checked.

Comparing the docs (left pic below) and my environment (right one), "Temperature Screening" option doesn't exist in VCA Resource Configuration... (I looked carefully at each section in Remote Configuration from top to bottom)
Thereby, is it deemed to be saying this product doesn't have "face detection" and "displaying temperature" in the first place?
(It cannot be, but I haven't been able to find them until now..)

1591099874731.png

@Dan

Seemingly, some settings cannot be done via iVMS4200, but web browser.
Web browser version allows me to set Temperature Measurement which iVMS4200 cannot.
And this web setting makes effect and I can see temperature in the screen of iVMS4200

1591173308955.png

I saw video below and confirmed only thing I need at this point is being able to set "Rules", which is displaying bounding boxes and temperature information when the face target is detected. Owing to "No plug-in detected", I couldn't enable it.
So, my question is whether or not there is something like Rules in iVMS-4200, which I haven't been able to detect until now.

1591173620570.png

Hi @tomoand

Unfortunately, I think this is going to be a limitation of iVMS-4200 on the Mac as the only VCA setting I am aware of in the Mac iVMS-4200 software is one I mentioned earlier in that you find in the System Configuration menu, when you disable this you will likely see all you on-screen event/VCA information disappear and then when you reenable it the temperatures will reappear, but I think the boxes around the measurements shown in that video is not supported by iVMS on the Mac.

Hi @Dan

I tried changing VCA Rule you mentioned earlier, but couldn't find any difference about temperature appearance (I reconnected each time). Still, it's ok for me

Thank you for telling me the limitation and responding my lots of questions ! :)

Hi @tomoand

all of the above does relate to Hikvision's ongoing issue with browser support for Mac users, as you realised from looking at that other thread you mentioned above, and unfortunately, you probably won't be able to manage a thermographic camera with any browser on a Mac.

You would be best off installing Hikvision iVMS-4200 software and manage/update the camera using this software, although we have not tested the thermographic cameras with this software and so do not know if they actually support all the thermal camera functions.
@tomoand have you tried using Chrome? I'm running "Version 83.0.4103.61 (Official Build) (64-bit)" on latest Catalina 10.15.5 with an NVR and whilst it is not working perfectly I can get video up from a single stream. Higher resolution (8MP) takes a long time to load though. Safari doesn't work. I'm using an NVR though that has latest firmware supposed to help with Mac compatibility...

@wardie
I've already tried past version of Chrome , and now upgraded to newest version, that is "Version 83.0.4103.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)", but things didn't change. I made a conclusion that the only way to access is use iVMS-4200 (though it has limitation in terms of functionality), not any web browser including past version..

1591235627597.png

Back