01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Hikvision UK/EU Download Portals are Down/Offline

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Just so you are aware and before anyone else starts their own thread, the Hikvision UK/EU Download Portals are down/offline.

We have spoken to Hikvision Support and they have told us they are aware of this problem and their Web/technical teams are working to fix the portals.

We will keep this thread updated with any further information on this issue if/when we receive it.

Hi Dan, do you know if the dev.hik-connect.com, litedev.hik-connect.com are down too? I can't get my NVR connected to the Hik-Connect since upgrading but I can't ping those addresses. They resolve with the DNS that I have on my PC but the IP address that is returned for each different address doesn't ping.

I raised a separate ticket on the forum for this but nobody has responded yet.

Stu

It may potentially be related, but you did first report that issue in your other post a couple of days ago so if it was a server going down and both these services were connected to that same server it would be strange for there to be such a big gap between them each going down.

We have several devices connected to Hik-Connect on our office test phones and they still seem to be online so those servers do not appear to be down for us.

At the time of posting this comment the portals are still down, see below:

Screenshot 2021-07-15 at 09.18.11.png

We will contact Hikvision Support this morning to get an update on the situation.

Hi Dan. The issue was firmware related - I just sat on chat with Hik-vision and they did something on their end to reset the serial number of my device (as per other threads I have seen on the matter here), but more importantly I had to reset the NVR to default and then it finally started working and logging into Hik-Connect.com.

Stu

Reactions: Dan
Yes, the UK/EU Download Portal does now appear to be back up and running.

If you still struggle to access it you may need to clear your browser cache.

I hope all the firmware downloads remain at the same urls - it's a nightmare when Hikvision move things around and break all the forum links to their downloads! :eek:

Back