01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Hikvision Video Intercom Door Station

Does anyone have experience with the Hikvision Video Intercom Door Station DS-KV102-IM and DS-KH8301-WT.

I had a set up that was working fine for a couple of years but I have managed to change something while trying to add an additional indoor station and it’s not anymore! I think there is an IP conflict as one of the indoor stations tells me this 'IP conflict" but there are no duplicates are in the SADP.

I can’t see any 'online devices' in iVMS 4200 when I search, despite 16 other cameras all working properly and running over LAN that should show up.

If I try and access the Villa door station over a browser using the IP address shown in SADP it refuses to connect. I can’t reset my door extensions because it says the master password is incorrect, despite setting the username and password in SADP.

Happy to pay someone for remote or on-site support from anyone that can help.

While the original indoor station would have been pointing to the IP of the gate station, you need to point subsequent indoor stations to the IP of the original/master indoor station.

The trouble is the indoor station won’t except my username on master password even though I’ve reset it via IVMS

how can you reset via IVMS without password ? that makes no sense. you can only reset if you have user/password (which is stored in ivms database).

in the first post you said that you cant see anything from the interocm system... how can you reset now ?

i hope you know that...... there is a problem if you want to connect different firmware versions , because newer firmware stations uses another protocol than older. if you want to add an extension display it always have to use the same protocol and better the same firmware as the main display ! (and must be compatible with any door station)

its a complete mess with this firmware protocol intercom system !

protocol release note.JPG

I cant recall exactly about resetting as it was so long ago. Regarding the firmware:

Would I be right to assume from the following software version numbers that they are all protocol 1.0?

1625298724424.png

I cant see any other reference to firmware verison in SADP.

Should the administrator password found here in SADP
1625299077400.png

be the same as the one found here on the door station?

1625299221845.png

Maybe, maybe not.
On the Display there are 2 passwords... one is the device config password ... the other is the alarm system password ...

you need the first one to config the device ! it was set on initial setup. if configurated the device trough ivms 4200 it should be saved in the database of ivms

please explain what you want. it all makes no sense what you talking.

you said that you reset via IVMS, so this is only possible with password. there are two options when resetting via ivms. first is factory reset (admin password and ip config are defaulted) and default settings (password/ip remain).

Maybe, maybe not.
On the Display there are 2 passwords... one is the device config password ... the other is the alarm system password ...

you need the first one to config the device ! it was set on initial setup. if configurated the device trough ivms 4200 it should be saved in the database of ivms

please explain what you want. it all makes no sense what you talking.

you said that you reset via IVMS, so this is only possible with password. there are two options when resetting via ivms. first is factory reset (admin password and ip config are defaulted) and default settings (password/ip remain).
It’s the first one which is set for configuration that doesn’t work. I thought that would be the same as the SADP one

it is ...
but there is no help for you. no one knows why you would use sapd .. according to the screen all devices are activated and have an ip. we all have no clue what are you want to do... so good luck ...

I am trying to get the door station to work through the indoor units and HikConnect.

I'm using SADP to check the IP address and version number of each device. You are right, they are all active in SADP with no conflicting IP addresses so why wont any devices show in iVMS when I select online devices? If they did then I could at least factory reset them from there and start again.

1625312085734.png

You can see in the image I have manually added the door station VIS(813743677) because I know the IP address but it still shows as offline.

I cant reach it via a browser using Chrome or Internet Explorer but I do get a reply when I ping the IP address.

The indoor door stations also show as online in SADP. The password works to edit the IP address and other parameters in SADP but the same password does not allow the configuration of the settings on the physical device so I cant investigate further on the device.

I can see the main door station on the indoor station but it doesnt show the video feed or allow control. Thisis shown in the image below.

1625313262058.png

PLEASE REMOVE THE SCREEN WITH THE DEVICES SERIAL NUMBERS !

i think (must be not true) you have something complete wrong with your network settings. maybe you use a wrong configurated repeater or have several routers/accesspoints connected together and the devices can not communicate with each other through the network.. or maybe guest network... or firewall which blocks communication between devices directly.

i have no idea why you would use hik connect in ivms ... even if want to use from far away a VPN would be a much better solution ! also you could add the device twice ...

please post screenshot of your network details..

network details.PNG

if you have no idea how...

Please click on add and put the data of the devices shown in sapd in. you have to put user/password in...

add new.JPG

Last edited:
1625386313568.png

These are the settings for the internet. They havent changed so i wouldnt expect there to be anything wrong with this although the laptop user I'm on doesnt have Admin rights. I wouldnt have thorught this would be an issue as I just enter the admin passwrod when required/requested.

HikConnect is used so i can control the gate and see the other CCTV cameras from an app on my phone. It has always been set up that way.

I can add the devices to iVMS manually but they show as offline. I guess this could be caused by a bad username or password but it doesnt report that these are wrong in iVMS

@Mark Entwistle you need to establish a known baseline. As you have various unknowns I would take hikconnect out of the equation and set IVMS4200 to connect using the device IP addresses (assigned by DHCP from your router) from your local LAN. This will allow you to sort out what passwords are needed where.

Back