01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hikvision video intercom KIS-701 intercom kit no longer rings (Samsung) mobile phones

himself

I have a KIS-701 door intercom kit installed which has a DS-kv8103-IME2 outdoor unit and DS-KH8304-TCE2 indoor unit

This was installed about six months ago and worked perfectly with HIKCONNECT until recently

Recently HIKCONNECT was upgraded and the unit no longer rings on mobile phones (tried samsung s9 samsung s8 samsung s5)

Installed new current firmwares on both the 8103 and 8340 units and this did not help

Factory reset indoor and outdoor units and removed from HIKCONNECT server

Setup again and added to HIKCONNECT

factory reset again and Downgraded firmwares to previous versions on both units

Deleted all hikvision softwares off phones and reinstalled and deregistered and reregisterd on hikconnect

Tried this with HILOOK also

The only thing i noticed is when you go into the DS-KV8103 on Hikconnect you cannot enable notification (unknown error 380047 operating failed) but this was previously this way when it was working

I just get a message from HIKCONNECT after the intercom timeout to say "The call request has been cancelled"

Anyone had this experience or know how to resolve

Hi @himself

I have spoken to Hikvision Support and they are aware of the issue, which is unique to Samsung devices, and have told me that the new Hik-Connect v4.10 which should be released by the end of this week will resolve the issue.

Upvote 0
Excellent news as used an older version of Hikconnect and this worked somewhat although delayed.
Many thanks

Upvote 0
Thanks Dan, tried This and works fine had a little few niggles but reset the KIS701 system and seems ok.
Sound quality is better too.
Any idea what was causing this.

Upvote 0
Hi @himself

good to hear the problem is fixed, Hikvision support did not tell us what the issue was but it definitely was related specifically to Samsung devices as multiple users and our own customers had reported a variety of issue with the Hik-Connect app on Samsung devices.

Upvote 0
Hello,

I have a same issue with a Samsung A71, it wont ring. I have a latest firmware installed and on the phone Hik-Connect V4.15.1.0623
I already uninstall the app from the phone but same thing.

Upvote 0
yes its back again. the v4.15.1.0623 has many problems ... push notification seems only to work fine, if you open the app and close it... it stops working shortly after.. and no this is not a battery-saving feature problem. try downgrade to v4.14.1 or older

maybe @Dan can contact hik again and maybe ask when hikvision is planning to make it possible to change the ringtone to the system default settings. its really annoying that you cannot change the ringtone and even settings like "vibrate only" are simply ignored by hikconnect

Upvote 0
I've sent a message to Hikvision explaining that this issue seems to be back on Samsung devices, so will update you with the response I get.

I've also mentioned that push notifications seem to be problematic on this version, and asked about setting the ringtone to match the system default settings (I.e. silent mode). @user7364 are you seeing these problems on a Samsung device? Can I please double-check, are you finding that push notifications only work briefly after quitting and reopening the app, before stopping again?

Upvote 0
@Kyle

thanks. its not only related to samsung, i think its related to android 11 ... the push notification only works, when the app was recently open. after a longer period of standby its not pushing anymore until you open hikconnect... but its seems only on 4.15.1 not on 4.14.1 , what is really strange. i tried to complete purge all files which are related to hik connect, install 4.15.1 again and set the battery-settings all to manual (that it can control itself to start, start from other apps etc.) ... still no luck. its on pixel phone and samsung which i could test.

- another interesting problem... they made an update of some of the devices to run standalone WITHOUT a indoor station earlier. you cannot turn hikconnect p2p cloud on the outdoor station off, even if you have a indoor station connected. you have to manual block it in the router or change the server to a custom. not sure why the outdoor station needs internet,... if you have indoor stations you pair the indoor station with the app...

- the notification ringtone is really annoying. you can change the ringtone (or even the setting for vibrate) but it will change back on the next call to their own settings. i dont know why the app has even permission to do it

- another REALLY annoying bug is with the indoor stations. i already tried to reach out to hikvision, but they dont understand. i am lost in level1 support ...

i am using the DS-KH6320-WTE1 (but they should all the same) model as indoor ... it can use other cameras to show on display... this is really nice.. theoretical. hik claim that it has the ability to use any onvif camera. i already hook it up on a usb-ttl interface to see the debug log. its clearly a firmware bug.

1) if you add the onvif camera in the menu, it seems that port is set to "00", but you can not change it manually.
see here:

IMG_20210630_234314.jpg
ivms2.JPG

DEBUG LOG when trying to connect:

[CRIT][2021-06-28 16:37:25][net/ipc/ipcService/ipcamera.c #3728][@getTalkBackVideo]: *****videomsginfo streamtype=0, msgtype=2
[ERR][2021-06-28 16:37:25][ipc/talkBack/talkBackHikDevice.cpp #74][@openStreamingRtsp]: szPath []
[ERR][2021-06-28 16:37:25][ipc/talkBackStreaming.cpp #179][@init_rtsp_info]: port = 00\n
[ERR][2021-06-28 16:37:25][ipc/talkBack/talkBackHikDevice.cpp #79][@openStreamingRtsp]: init_rtsp_info error!
[ERR][2021-06-28 16:37:25][ipc/talkBack/talkBackHikDevice.cpp #130][@talkBack_openStreaming]: openStreamingRtsp error
[ERR][2021-06-28 16:37:25][ipc/talkBackApi.cpp #63][@talkBackOpenStreaming]: guiId=0
[ERR][2021-06-28 16:37:25][ipc/talkBackApi.cpp #71][@talkBackOpenStreaming]: open_streaming not success!
[ERR][2021-06-28 16:37:25][net/ipc/ipcService/ipcamera.c #3734][@getTalkBackVideo]: *****talkBackOpenStreaming ERROR*****0x10000
[ERR][2021-06-28 16:37:25][net/ipc/ipcService/ipcamera.c #3876][@talkBackVideoProcess]: getTalkBackVideo ERROR
[ERR][2021-06-28 16:37:25][ipc/talkBackApi.cpp #97][@talkBackCloseStream]: NULL == g_talkBackStreaming close error

2) you can export the ip cameras as an XML file in ivms 4200 , then change the port and import it again (there is no port setting in the normal menu when using onvif protocol... only when using HIK protocol) ... BUT you cannot change the PATH of the stream url... the indoor station tries to connect to "rtsp.//username.password@ip.port/" .. no onvif camera is using just /

see:

ivms1.JPG
xml1.JPG

DEBUG LOG :
[CRIT][2021-06-28 16:40:56][net/ipc/ipcService/ipcamera.c #3728][@getTalkBackVideo]: *****videomsginfo streamtype=0, msgtype=2
[ERR][2021-06-28 16:40:56][ipc/talkBack/talkBackHikDevice.cpp #74][@openStreamingRtsp]:szPath []
Err:rtspc_create_session() :426:Connect end ,now have clients 1!
[ERR][2021-06-28 16:40:56][src/gui_oversee.c #920][@gui_oversee_handle_msg_vis_stream_error]: Receive vis_stream_error, the reason is:0x10c02, data:0, s_streamInfo.streamId:1
Err:start() :4978:Failed recv OPTIONS! 4,Protocol Error, [10]
Err:start() :5118: res is [0x10900][401], [10]

Err:start() :5123:[--------------------------------------------
RTSP SessionID : [10]
RTSP host : [192.168.0.55][554][][IPv4]
RTSP USR : [viewer]
RTSP transmode : [OVER][OPTIONS]
RTSP HB: [] RTCP: [yes]
RTSP Auto Reconnect : [yes] offtime[0]
Client status : [IDLE]
m_uCSeq : [3]
Session fd : [60] S[] timeout[30000]
Is quit : [no]
-----------------
IsNewVersion : [no]
]

Err:rtspc_start() :688:rtspc_start ERROR :,[10]
Err:rtspc_start() :691:RTSPC_ERROR! start rtsp client fail ret =0x10900, [10]

3) if you change the protocol to hikvision instead of onvif, you see how the log should look.

ivms3.JPG

DEBUG LOG:
[CRIT][2021-06-28 16:52:43][net/ipc/ipcService/ipcamera.c #3728][@getTalkBackVideo]: *****videomsginfo streamtype=0, msgtype=1
[ERR][2021-06-28 16:52:43][ipc/talkBack/talkBackHikDevice.cpp #74][@openStreamingRtsp]: szPath [/streaming/channels/101]
Err:start() :4978:Failed recv OPTIONS! 4,Protocol Error, [13]
Err:start() :5118: res is [0x10900][401], [13]

RTSP SessionID : [13]
RTSP host : [192.168.0.55][554][/streaming/channels/101][IPv4]
RTSP USR : [viewer]

Session fd : [63] S[] timeout[30000]
-----------------
]

Err:rtspc_start() :688:rtspc_start ERROR :,[13]
Err:rtspc_start() :691:RTSPC_ERROR! start rtsp client fail ret =0x10900, [13]
[ERR][2021-06-28 16:52:44][ipc/talkBackStreaming.cpp #296][@start]: rtspc_start error! rtspHandle[13]
[ERR][2021-06-28 16:52:44][ipc/talkBack/talkBackHikDevice.cpp #92][@openStreamingRtsp]: Start error!

but if you want to use any other brand you are lost because you cannot change the szPath variable, which is the stream URL path.

4) there was an option in 1st gen devices to give a full stream URL which is still implemented in device firmware and ivms 4200. you can change the exported XML to connect to a URL, but you cannot give the username and password and if you use rtsp.//username.password@ it just wont work, because it will break the connection script of the device. the username and password variable is not used when using URL-Mode

xml2.JPG
ivms4.jpg

DEBUG LOG:

[CRIT][2021-06-28 16:47:48][net/ipc/ipcService/ipcamera.c #3728][@getTalkBackVideo]: *****videomsginfo streamtype=0, msgtype=2
[ERR][2021-06-28 16:47:48][ipc/talkBack/talkBackHikDevice.cpp #74][@openStreamingRtsp]: szPath [rtsp://192.168.0.55:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=2&proto=Onvif]
Err:updata_digest_authen() :2169:not get auth info
Err:start() :4978:Failed recv OPTIONS! 4,Protocol Error, [11]
Err:start() :5118: res is [0x10900][401], [11]

RTSP SessionID : [11]
RTSP host : [192.168.0.55][554][rtsp://192.168.0.55:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=2&proto=Onvif][IPv4]
RTSP USR : []
Session fd : [61] S[] timeout[30000]
-----------------
]

Err:rtspc_start() :688:rtspc_start ERROR :,[11]
Err:rtspc_start() :691:RTSPC_ERROR! start rtsp client fail ret =0x10900, [11]
[ERR][2021-06-28 16:47:49][ipc/talkBackStreaming.cpp #296][@start]: rtspc_start error! rtspHandle[11]

only way out is to turn off the auth on the camera you want to use, but that is a not acceptable security flaw. if you do, it works fine... so the indoor monitor has the ability to see any rtsp stream (with h264 and max 720p) but the firmware is to buggy to do it the right way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank for the detailed summaries @user7364 - I'll pass everything on to Hikvision and try to get the right people to look at these issues.

you cannot turn hikconnect p2p cloud on the outdoor station off, even if you have a indoor station connected.
Are you seeing the option to turn it off anywhere for this, and finding that this isn't working? Or, is it just that there is no option to disable it?

Upvote 0
Thank for the detailed summaries @user7364 - I'll pass everything on to Hikvision and try to get the right people to look at these issues.

Are you seeing the option to turn it off anywhere for this, and finding that this isn't working? Or, is it just that there is no option to disable it?

all in all the hik intercom series is really great and i like the design and ease of use.. i tested some other versions/"brands" from china and also the dahua series... but the dahua series is so much more annoying and looks like cheapo china ware... but there are so many bugs in the firmware of any hik intercom series model, its unbelievable...

I have kv8 series, its also on my kv6 series... on older firmware 2.2.3 (on this firmware they include the standalone mode) and 2.43 it wasnt possible to click on the "enable" button, it was just grey (and also enabled).. so they fix something there but it still fail. i have no idea why the outdoor station have to be connected to the internet, because it is still working if only the indoor station is on hik-cloud.

See here:
model number.JPG

hikconnect1.JPG

hikconnect2.jpg

only way out at the moment is this:

hikconnect3.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Kyle

Me again..

i included some pictures and screenshots to make the situation better understandable when i am talking about import, export, XML file... see above in my original post ... !

All in all why i am writing here... i didnt buy this from an unauthorized seller... but ... if you buy this as a value set, the serial number of the display has region WR and of the outdoorstation RR ... DVS LTD has a youtube video of this set and he shows also the serial numbers of the devices... they are also RR and WR region... not EU. only if you buy the display alone, then you get a EU model

dvs1.JPG
dvs2.JPG
dvs3.JPG

if you contact hikvision directly, they claim that you bought this not from an authorized seller because you dont have EU serial number... so you have to contact your seller, what i did. but this is more like silent post service... first i sent him all information, and he contacted hikvision and told them something like "customer want to add ip camera to display, dont work" ... so hikvision sent him general information what could be wrong if you want to add a HIKVISION CAMERA. after several weeks hikvision understand that i want to use an onvif/other brand camera ... so they send information about how to add onvif camera ... if you are not able as a customer or seller to figure out what the real problem is (with debug log) you are completely lost.

hope it works out now that someone on hikvision europe site can contact the china firmware guys...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks again - I wasn't aware that was the case with the serial number on the value sets, it does sound like you've been going round in circles with it.

Those screenshots will definitely help with illustrating the problem too. I'll update you with what I can!

Upvote 0
Hello Im also checked a Hik-connect app Xioami 9 and same ringing issue. When the app is open and closed its ringing. After 30 min. nothing. All the permissions is allowed and the battery saving turned off.

Upvote 0
Hello Im also checked a Hik-connect app Xioami 9 and same ringing issue. When the app is open and closed its ringing. After 30 min. nothing. All the permissions is allowed and the battery saving turned off.

please downgrade to 4.14.1 ... i know it might be unsafe to install apks from the internet... but hikvision dont have old version online ... :( (you have to remove 4.15.1 first , then install 4.14.1)

it should then works again like normal (with annoying ringtone)

here:

or

Upvote 0
Thank you user7364. I will try with a older version. Better annoying ring tone then nothing.

Thank you gor your time and effort.

Gabriel

Upvote 0
Just an update on what I've heard so far on this...

thanks. its not only related to samsung, i think its related to android 11 ... the push notification only works, when the app was recently open. after a longer period of standby its not pushing anymore until you open hikconnect... but its seems only on 4.15.1 not on 4.14.1 , what is really strange. i tried to complete purge all files which are related to hik connect, install 4.15.1 again and set the battery-settings all to manual (that it can control itself to start, start from other apps etc.) ... still no luck. its on pixel phone and samsung which i could test.
So this seems to be due to the app not running correctly in the background on some phones, as notifications sent when the app is not running in the background (e.g. via Google's FCM) don't work properly if the phone does not support FCM.

So, on new firmware, you just need to make sure that Hik-Connect is properly set to run in the background - touching this link in the phone's settings for the app explains how to do this:

HC notifications background running link.jpg

maybe @Dan can contact hik again and maybe ask when hikvision is planning to make it possible to change the ringtone to the system default settings. its really annoying that you cannot change the ringtone and even settings like "vibrate only" are simply ignored by hikconnect
Are you able to share a video showing that Hik-Connect ignores your phone in silent / vibrate only mode, and still rings aloud, which I can show Hikvision please? They have also said that there will be an update for the Android version of the app which will allow you customise the sounds used for notifications / calls by the end of the year.

Upvote 0
@Phil

yes the button gives only a summary of how disable battery saving aka shut down after a while.

it was already tested by 2 users on ipcamtalk forum, who have same problem with 4.15.1 ... same settings (battery saving disable) and only version 4.14.1 is working.

i have same issue on my huawei phone, ... i downgraded to 4.14.1 and its working since.

maybe @gabrielvargars could give a fast answer if the downgrade to older version solve the problem for now ? he has xiaomi phone, so it must be a general problem with 4.15.1

i will try to make a video , but have to get another phone to record first :( ... had only the samsung/pixel phone from friends/girlfriend were we tested it out.

Upvote 0
@Kyle

I was wrong. I was using an older version of hik-connect to get notifications back, where the phone settings of "vibrate only" were overridden. it seems to be fixed in 4.14.1 with working notifications on standby

working on 4.14.1 and 4.15.1:

- do not disturb (screen stays off, no sound/vibration)
- vibrate only (vibrates)
- silent (screen is on, no tone nor vibration)

not working on 4.14.1 and 4.15.1:

- push notifications on version 4.15.1 after longer period of standby (as discussed before)
- change ringtone in system settings (its "2131755059" which is not related to anything on the storage)
- there is only a ringtone on calls (if not set to silent, dnd or virbate), NO vibration with ringtone
- "gentle notification" for the hik app only in system notifications menu do not work
if you set it to gentle, it will be default on next call.
also everytime you get a call, a new notification "type" is in the settings with default settings , some phones show them all, other phones show only a few (maybe only happens if you change the default settings)

if you send the screens to hikvision, please make clear that its also on 4.15.1 ... i have no time to upgrade/downgrade the app to have notifications on standby. the support of them is so stupid that they always not understand and say "there is a new version, please upgrade" ... :mad: And if you do and say "still not working" they stop answering you again.

screens:

before call:
Screenshot_20210706_122024_com.huawei.systemmanager.jpg
Screenshot_20210706_122112_com.huawei.systemmanager.jpg

after call:

Screenshot_20210706_122145_com.huawei.systemmanager.jpg
Screenshot_20210706_122250_com.huawei.systemmanager.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back