01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision vs Vivotek for reliable human detection?

GreenLeader

Hi all

I'm needing to install some cameras in a parking area around a building, where we've had regular intruders try to (and sometimes succeed) in breaking into the garages on the ground floor.

Since both Hikvision and Vivotek now have models of camera with built-in analytics to detect human movement, I was wondering if anyone on the forum has had experience with either manufacturers' cameras for human detection, particularly at night? And then whether you have an opinion of which is better?

Clearly, night lighting conditions are worse, but assume there at least floodlights lighting the area.

And on a related note, I'm also trying to decide whether to get a single 180 degree camera or two bullet cameras facing across the building from opposite corners for this project. The 180 degree cameras have the advantage of capturing video further from the building compared to the two bullet cameras, but I don't know how well the 180 degree cameras handle the human detection compared to the bullet cameras?

Thanks in advance

Forget the 180° camera - there will be no useful resolution within the very wide image.

Most people would settle for 2x Hikvision AccuSense cameras.

Broadly speaking, Hikvision's AccuSense G2 and Vivotek's Smart Motion Detection perform similarly well (better than most).

The best performance is delivered by top-of-the-range (expensive) models from Avigilon, Axis (look for their latest models with Object Analytics), Bosch and Hanwha (P-series).

Back