• Hi Guest, Please subscribe to our YouTube channel for fresh new videos each week.

Hikvision with Control4

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter #1
Hikvision works with Control4.

In the past week three separate Control4 Partners have asked me for information regarding how this is achieved.

You need a compatible Hikvision DVR or NVR:
  • Turbo4 series DVRs
  • E series NVRs
  • NVRs using the Netra Chip set
  • I series NVRs
From that selection we would recommend Hikvision's -I Series of NVRs.
Follow that link to our webshop, then filter at the left hand side by the number of camera channels you need to narrow your selection.
NB - not the 7732NI-I model, nor any of the -K models.

See our guides for further details on the differences between the shortlist of Hikvision NVRs:
The best Hikvision NVR for 8 cameras
Choosing a Hikvision NVR for 16 cameras
The best Hikvision NVR for 32 cameras

We don't offer DVRs - Digital Video Recorders are for use with analogue cameras, we only offer IP cameras.
The E-series and Netra NVRs are legacy models.

Once you have selected and purchased a suitable NVR, you need to ask your reseller (hopefully you purchased your Hikvision equipment from us at use-IP Ltd) to obtain the latest version of Control4 firmware for the specific NVR modelthat you select.
i.e. there is a special Control4 firmware version for each of the compatible NVR/DVR series listed above.

Attachments

Last edited:

jebt2921

Would you be able to supply the Control4 firmware for the DS-7616NI-K2/16P NVR? And what type of integration does this provide to the NVR within the Control4 platform?

jebt2921

Actually, from reading this 20x I think I’ve figured out the K2 version isn’t compatible with the Control4 specific firmware. Would someone be able to confirm this?
Also, what integration for the NVR does this firmware enable when using the correct and corresponding driver within Control4?

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter #4
Yes, you would need to purchase an I-series NVR from us and we could then provide the Control4 firmware to you.

Unfortunately, I can't confirm the integration features - no Control4 Partners have completed a job / closed the loop yet, and getting this much info out of Hik Tech Support on this topic was like 'blood from a stone'!