01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision's 7604-K1 four camera NVR

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Currently, we only offer the (B) variant of Hikvision's 7604-K1 NVR:
Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1-4P | 4 Channel Network Video Recorder ¦ use-IP Ltd

We were led to believe that this '(B)' variant was an updated replacement for the previous version without the (B) suffix.
It came with the introduction of the h.265+ CODEC as an option on that base model NVR.

However, I am keen to share something that has only just come to light:
The previous version 7604 (without the (B) suffix) had ANPR capability built-in.
The newer version (with the (B)) is not ANPR capable.

Both remain available.

We were originally led to believe that the (B) replaced the original version.
This happened months ago.
The absence of the ANPR capability in the (B) model has only just come to light (initiated via a question in this forum if I recall correctly).

In the next week or so we will make both variants of their 7604-K1 NVR available in the webshop.

Last week, we began working through our NVR offer and added more attributes that you are now able to filter them by e.g. RAID, Dual LAN, Dual monitor & ANPR. This helps to make these key attributes more evident, and enables you to select for specific features that you may wish/need.

@Dan has just reminded me that the newly-provided Hikvision reference sheet of NVR features and capabilities also states that the newer (B) model does not have Hikvision's Virtual Host feature (which is so useful that we believe it should be ON by default in all their NVRs).

It is difficult to guess how long the support of these NVRs is going to exist and strange indeed to see a POE NVR without virtual host feature. The latest firmware for the newer model in the UK portal is V3.4.100 and the older seems to have got a fairly recent upgrade V3.4.103. Does this latest possibly have plugin-free operation?
I have once bought some of the non-POE versions of this K1 range as they seemed to provide a really good value. I am wondering whether they will be supported with the same firmwares as the POE equipped K1 units. These models still appear at their global site: DS-7604NI-K1 Embedded 4K NVR-Hikvision

Further to my earlier comments, we have now established that only the (B) version is available to purchase in the UK.
Like us, it seems everyone else understood that the (B) was a replacement for the previous version and considered that earlier model now EOL.

It is also worth noting that the B model is fanless

Back