01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hikvision's latest Hik-Connect App updates

hello, I noticed that on the hikconnect app only the administrator can enable alarm output, while shared accounts cannot enable the alarm, cannot this problem be solved?
also for recordings, you can only see main stream and not sub stream. who has a low internet upload like me: 0.90 Mbps this is a problem

Did your Hik-Connect App notify you that there was a new version available?

For other folks, the latest versions are here - Hikvision App Store

Phil - yes. When I open it a popup notifies me of a new version. Of course you have to download the apk, find it in storage, then use package installer to update. Some interesting updates in this new version.

y6WlqID.jpg

Last edited:
The notifications are still broke me for, I can either get notifications with the notifications alert on my phone or no notifications at all, even in the notifications tab on Hik-Connect. Very annoying that I can’t get them silently in the tab.

new version for me which i updated to yesterday has caused issues now when trying to answer my doorbell the screen goes black and shows a loading wheel and looks frozen. Unable to answer my doorbell now.

I can get alerts and notifications after the event, but pretty useless now

Hikvision UK have provided the attached letter to explain the changes that brought about the use of their own web portal for their Apps.

Attachments

• Hikvision Hik-Connect announcement 15-6-20.pdf
    438.5 KB · Views: 629
Ok, this is really cool. Looks like Hik revamped the notification system on the app. Check this out:

This is the initial notification of a smart event:

pTFA1im.jpg

Here's what you get if you tap that notification. Notice a couple of things: you get time, source, playback, AND the ability to go straight to live view:
O7MYb3c.jpg

Now click the three dots in the upper right corner and you can filter by date for that camera and look at all the events! Cool!
kCx6FNN.jpg

Bizarre I just searched on the App Store (Apple) and it's still the same version v4.8.0.841770

[EDIT] Looks like its only available for Android at the moment.

Apple is still v4.8.0.841770

Last edited:
Hmm - various reports of problems with this release. :(
Newer V4.10 expected by Friday - please wait if you can.

Nothing so far that already isn't broken, JB. Did you read my thread on notifications 18 days into the future? It's still screwed up.

Nothing so far that already isn't broken, JB. Did you read my thread on notifications 18 days into the future? It's still screwed up.

Yeah I’ve not had any problems like that. I never got version 4.9.1 on iOS - it jumped straight to 4.10. The 4.10.1 version you’ve mentioned is not on the App Store here yet. It would be nice if they could sort out the alarm input problem - there’s no live view or playback link on the notifications and no descriptor ☹️

Back