01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

MacOS HikVision's latest Mac plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Updated 24th June 2018 with fresh links to Hikvision download sites.
Unfortunately Hikvision keep changing their website/portal structure (which breaks the links) - if you find these links are broken, please let us know at support(at)use-ip.co.uk, Thanks

The latest Mac plugins for HikVision should be available from the European portal here:
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

The latest Mac version of IVMS-4200 is available here (sorry, the Mac version is mixed in with the Windows versions - look for the most recent dated update):
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

I have sometimes found a delay between new releases and them appearing at the European portal, so, just to be sure check at HikVision's international website:
Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.
Type simply mac in the search box.
You need to click the magnifying glass symbol to initiate a search.
Select 'Downloads' at the left.
You should see a few relevant results.

You may even see different results at the Hikvision .co.uk website:
SearchContent - Hikvision UK & Ireland
Same steps as above, if necessary.

The image below shows the latest/current versions available 1st February 2018.

HikVision Mac downloads 1-2-18.png

Last edited:
I tried that iVMS download and when installed it still identifies itself as 1.02.03.02 (the old version).

Hi, There are two possible sources for the download in the above Post - from their European Download portal and their .com website. Did you try both? Were both wrong/old?

I've tried Europe and the .com and both are wrong.

To be clear, the software is incorrectly identifying itself as the older version. Checking the release notes suggests it's the 1.02.05.02 version and you can see that when you try to add a device and see Hik-Connect as an option.

It might confuse people.

Updated broken links to new Hikvision website and portal pages that should now (do currently) work.
Apologies for broken links, they keep changing their site structure / portal layout.

It would be really helpful if they would update and sort their Mac downloads separately and logically, currentlt (at the portal) iVMS downloads are mixed in with Windows, and the date/version order is random.
As a general rule for most of their download pages the newest version would be at the bottom of the page/list.
To further confuse matters, you used to be able to take some clue to what was the newest version of any file by checking the date in the right column, but Hikvision completely reorganised their portal 24th May 2018 and now almost every download shows that or a near date to that in the right column (2018-05-24).

Please let us know if you find these links in post #1 above to be broken - support(at)use-ip.co.uk
Thanks

Hi
i am looking for a mac download of the batch configuration tool. i am trying to sync my hikvision camera to an NVR that uses ONVIF i have found a tutorial how to do it but can't find a mac version of the configuration tool. i have a windows pc, could i do the configuration on that machine?

This link to Hikvision's UK website seems to be the most effective:
(it brings together all the Apple Mac components you may need)

SearchContent - Hikvision UK & Ireland
Click 'Downloads' at the left-side to see just the Mac software.

Latest Mac versions as showing 6th July 2018:

1530871834533.png

Got a reply from Hikvision that there isn’t a Mac version of configuration tool so will do it on my Windows pc.
Thanks for your reply
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back