01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

MacOS Hikvision's SADP utility for 64-bit Mac users (V3.0.0.3)

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member

Attachments

• SADP Tool for Mac 64-bit v1.0.0.4 Release Notes 4-4-19.pdf
    417.6 KB · Views: 2,974
Last edited:
Just got a new camera and tried to use 1.0.0.4 and 1.0.0.3 on my new Macbook (both 64 bit, as I'm on Mojave) and neither will scan the network for any cameras. I use the MacOS software firewall, but I turned it off and no change.

Jumped to an old laptop with Windows and SADP worked just fine (as usual).

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Just got a new camera and tried to use 1.0.0.4 and 1.0.0.3 on my new Macbook (both 64 bit, as I'm on Mojave) and neither will scan the network for any cameras. I use the MacOS software firewall, but I turned it off and no change.

Jumped to an old laptop with Windows and SADP worked just fine (as usual).

Has anyone else run into this problem?

We are aware of this problem, we have 2 Macs in our office on 2 different versions of MacOS. (Mojave 10.14.4 and Sierra 10.12.6)

On the Mac using Mojave we see similar problems, we can scan and see devices but the software times out every time we try to change any of the details of a device or try to activate a device. With the Mac running Sierra we have no problems at all.

We have been back and forth with Hikvision on this issue and this was their last response:

I have checked with HQ, they are using Mac OS 10.14.1.
Let me ask HQ to test higher system

So there is a possibility that this may be a compatibility issue with the latest versions of MacOS, we will chase them and post to the forum any updates we receive.

(Also a potential problem in your case could be that you are connected to your network wirelessly with your Macbook, Hikvision has reported before with similar issues that using utilities like SADP on wireless devices can cause problems connecting to devices directly connect to the LAN.)

We are aware of this problem, we have 2 Macs in our office on 2 different versions of MacOS. (Mojave 10.14.4 and Sierra 10.12.6)

On the Mac using Mojave we see similar problems, we can scan and see devices but the software times out every time we try to change any of the details of a device or try to activate a device. With the Mac running Sierra we have no problems at all.

We have been back and forth with Hikvision on this issue and this was their last response:

I have checked with HQ, they are using Mac OS 10.14.1.
Let me ask HQ to test higher system

So there is a possibility that this may be a compatibility issue with the latest versions of MacOS, we will chase them and post to the forum any updates we receive.

(Also a potential problem in your case could be that you are connected to your network wirelessly with your Macbook, Hikvision has reported before with similar issues that using utilities like SADP on wireless devices can cause problems connecting to devices directly connect to the LAN.)

Hi, thanks for the update. Certainly sounds like it's something to do with one of the Mojave point updates.

I'm not connected wirelessly.

Please let me know if there's an update to SADP that addresses this issue. Hopefully it'll come out before another MacOS point update that breaks it again ;)

Thanks!

Hi @AveryFreeman

Is the MacOS firewall the only security you have in place? you are not running any 3rd-party security software?

I ask because we found the solution to our problem was that we were using ESET security software and we had to give its firewall permission to let SADP communicate with other devices on the network.

When you say it doesn't 'scan the network' do you mean it is not displaying any devices in the list even when you click 'refresh'? Could you share a screenshot of what you see when you open SADP?

We are also seeing 0 devices on the network via SADP on Mojave. Does it work better in Catalina?

We are also seeing 0 devices on the network via SADP on Mojave. Does it work better in Catalina?
We are running SADP on Mojave without any problems, did you read my reply to another user above about firewalls/3rd-party security software? Are you running any firewall or other security software?

At the time that I am seeing this, this thread is a little bit old and so maybe this point is obvious ... (if so, please disregard) ...

One thing to mention is that once it's possible to login directly into the camera (I actually used 'SeaMonkey' browser without SADP), be sure to check the 'Enable Multicast Discovery' checkbox within the Configuration / Network / Basic Settings. That makes the camera(s) SADP discoverable ...

Back