01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

MacOS Hikvision's SADP utility for 32-bit Mac users (V3.0.0.3) - updated 4th April 2019

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Updated 4th April 2019 to clarify that there are 32/64-bit versions of this SADP utility for Macs.

Hikvision have just launched a new Apple Mac version (V3.0.0.3) of their SADP software, you can download it from their portal here:
HIKVISION UK PORTAL

It looks and functions just the same as the Windows version.
Great to see this, as it will be very helpful for Mac owners to have access to a Mac version of this basic Hikvision utility.

Mac-users you may now wish to read our post on everything you need to know about SADP.
And, how to reset the password of your Hikvision camera or NVR using SADP.

The user manual for SADP is attached.

Please note this version of the tool is for Mac users with 32-bit machines.
There is an alternative version for 64-bit machines - please see this post:
Hikvision's SADP utility for 64-bit Mac users (V3.0.0.3)

Attachments

• Hikvision SADP User Manual 5-12-18.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 15,375
Last edited:
BTW - We are aware that the user manual cites Windows PC specs.
There doesn't seem to be a Mac-specific version of the manual, sorry.

1544007223258.png

NB - You can access the user manual from within SADP; click on the info icon at the top right, and then the 'User Help' link (the user manual will open in a new tab/window).

SADP version in Mac 5-12-18.png

Hmm, well I've never managed to get SADP or iVMS running on my iMac; tried again 21 Feb 19 to no avail.

I find a quicker if geeky solution is to sniff the network with netdiscover, which even works across subnets, useful if Hikvision have chosen some fixed IP not on the local network. Best to use the -p option if you are not the network owner.

Why Hikvision don't use a DHCP client by default is a mystery as well as an irritation. Still, as I have 7 of their cams, I am well used to it.

An irritation indeed, why do I need a silly bit of software with a 34 page "user manual" to discover and "activate" a new camera? It's all proprietary nonsense ? I run Linux / Ubuntu so, I think instead of of trying to activate it, then tick the box for DHCP, then tick the box to enable Hik-Connect, I'm going to tick the box on Amazon for a return. Anybody know why Hikvision make life so difficult ?

Back