01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hilook camera not showing on NVR / firmware issue.

mozeruk

Virtual beer and or sloppy wet kiss for anyone that can assist!

I have a Hilook IP Cam that I cannot get to register on my Hikvision NVR. It works fine in IVMS as a standalone camera, so I know my IP, username and password are fine. Read some posts in this forum and decided to go down the Firmware route, but struggling to get it to upgrade, trying through IE with the plugin installed but it says firmware upgrade failed. below are some specs on the NVR / Camera. Any ideas, greatly appreciated before I launch the camera lot the window.

• Model of the NVR and which firmware version it is on.
    • Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P
    • V3.4.62 build 160503 (latest is NVR_K74_BL_ML_STD_V4.30.000_200508)
  • Model of the cameras that are not connecting and their firmware version.
    • Hilook IPC-T240H
    • 5.5.80 build 180911
    • Haven't tried to upgrade this actually
      • As I typed tried to firmware upgrade the camera but it errors saying mismatch, although its 100% the right file
      • error - Screenshot
  • Are they genuine Hikvision cameras or Chinese grey market (grey market have a CH in the serial number).
    • Genuine
  • How are you connecting them? Directly to the NVR? Power-over-Ethernet adapters?
    • Directly to the NVR
    • Tried a patch lead still the same
    • The cabling is fine, tried an existing camera on it and a network tester
  • Do you have some cameras that are working on the NVR and the new additions are not detecting?
    • Yes have 3 cameras on there, this is the 4th.
Thanks in advance.

Mark

Hi @mozeruk

You said above the camera had worked on its own in iVMS-4200, so does this mean you had activated the camera on a separate PoE injector to add it to iVMS?

Did you hard reset the camera after removing it from iVMS-4200?

When directly connecting a Hikvision camera to a Hikvision NVR the camera need to be hard reset/inactive so that it can be activated with the NVR subnet address range and assigned the NVRs camera activation password.

Back