01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware HiLook Firmware

CliveC

Hi,

I've just seen that a Hilook camera I have has new firmware available from: PTZ-N2404I-DE3

The Model of the Camera is PTZ-N2404I-DE3 It is currently on FW 5.6.0 which I previously obtained from this location. I see now two new versions 5.6.16 & 5.6.11 However the camera names have (C) and (D) next to them, but since 5.6.0 is no longer there assume one of these has replaced it.

When I try to update the firmware I get a message saying:-
Failed to get the upgrading progress.

I wonder if anyone has any advice? I am keen to keep my cameras up to date, given the vulnerabilities in the past. Naturally being Hikvision there are no release notes there....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @CliveC

Those firmware versions will not be for your model, unfortunately, Hikvision has recently made things increasingly more complicated by bringing out new versions of some models and marking them with a letter. [e.g. (B)/(C)/(D)] These new models have slightly different hardware and software and thus require slightly different firmware versions.

I cannot find any more recent firmware for the non-(C)/non-(D) model so I would assume v5.6.0 is the latest version for your model.

Ah thanks for that Dan I wasn't aware.
You'd have thought they would have left the 5.6.0 version available for anyone trying to update the original hardware, but that version seesm to have vanished. Thanks for your help Dan.

Edit: I see the 5.6.0 version is still available from the UK Hikvision site - but linked from the C version of the camera! I suspect there is someone working quite hard at Hikvision to make this as complicated as it is!

Back