01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HiLook/Hikvision compatibility, or lack thereof.

alanharvey

Hi,

I need help.

I have a number of Hikvision ip cameras which I hade been successfully using with a Synology NAS for some years. Probably foolishly I decided to get a dedicated NVR to take the load off the NAS and my network to free it for other stuff. As I can no longer buy Hikvision kit I got a HiLook NVR-208MH-C / 8P. I have been trying for weeks now to get the system working half reasonably. My main issues are:-

1) I have found 3 ways of configuring the NVR, and the attached cameras and setting up the alarm event parameters. None of them work properly, and all of them fail in different ways. They are:-
a) Directly with a mouse and monitor attached to the NVR. The NVR is not readily accessible.
b) Via a browser to the NVR ip address and using the join facility to get to the cameras
c) Via the Hilook Vision app and using the join facility to get to the cameras

When making changes some of them can be saved and some can't in each method. How is it supposed to work?
When using some methods the event setting windows are greyed out, not showing the camera image, even though Live View is working.

2) The user manual I was directed to for the NVR-208MH-C / 8P apperas to be generic and a lot does not apply to this model.

3) The NVR is on firmware V4.30.060 build 201228. I've downloaded V4.31.106_210714 but upgrading fails with 'unable to get the upgrade status'. I've tried the things I've found on here to no avail.

I'm hoping that somebody has been through this and has some magic bullets.

Yours in desperation

Alan

Back